Friday, July 23, 2021

Self-published Author Appreciation Week: Red Adept Publishing

Self-published and small press authors always seem to get a lot of shit, so a bunch of book bloggers decided to get together and share our love for the self-pubbed and small press authors who entertain us with awesome stories. I don't know why certain people out there in the book blogging sphere keep insisting on saying that self-pubbed = crap writing because, while I may have hit a dud or two, most of what I've read over the last decade have been pretty fucking good! So, go click any and/or all of our posts all week long over on Witty & Sarcastic Bookclub run by the fabulous Jodie. Many thanks to her for organizing this and for Anca Antoci over at Summon Fantasy for creating the banners and badge.
My 3rd post of Self-published Authors Appreciation Week, I want to feature a small press publisher right here in North Carolina. Many of the authors who publish with RAP also self-pub so this is a twofer post.

I honestly can't remember how I stumbled upon RAP way back in 2012. Wow, my memory is really shit. All I can recall is awesome books, so that's what's important, right? I currently have 108 books on my RAP shelf over on Goodreads. I think it's correct though I may have missed one here or there. I hope not, but I'm human. I've read nearly all that are on my shelf. There are a few patiently waiting their turn and believe me, I'm trying to get to them. The last couple of years, and this year in particular, have been super slow reading for me. I seem to have way too much going on which sucks ass. I want to R-E-A-D! Or, at the very least, have time set aside to just read even if it's only for 30 minutes. Or 15 minutes - though that is really not enough time to fall into a book only to have to pop back out again. Maybe soon it will happen. Anyway...here's some info about Red Adept Publishing.


Red Adept Publishing is an independent publisher of genre fiction. Since our first release in 2012, we have published over 100 novels, including 4 national bestsellers (NYT and USA Today). We love providing a home for new and established authors.

New authors often find it difficult to find a publisher willing to take a chance on their first book. We enjoy discovering these new talents and bringing their worlds to the reading public.

Established authors may wish to work with a publisher who gives them a more personal touch. Our team and our mentor program help to give authors the attention they need and deserve.

We believe that publishing is a partnership. We work with our authors to help them achieve success.

Me: RAP pubs approximately 18 books a year and I've read nearly all of them. Most of the ones I pass on are the Contemporary Romance since I don't really read those anymore. Ok, sometimes, but not often. And I've missed a few others here and there, but I hope to read those at some point, the Book Gods willing. I also try to get my library to purchase their books. I've gotten out of the habit of suggesting purchases with the pandemic, but now that the library is open again I need to step up my game. *makes note to self*

Production

We take pride in our professional editing of every book we produce. Putting quality first, we ensure that each book is the best it can be before it is placed in the hands of readers.

We partner with Streetlight Graphics for our beautifully rendered covers and professional formatting. Each cover is designed to draw the right audience for the subject matter. The formatting of each book is impeccable, with a layout that fits the genre.

Me: RAP has some of the best edited books I've read and their covers are wonderful! I'm not kidding! If you are a cover coveter then go check out the books on their website!

Contracts

We offer one of the best contracts in the publishing world today. Unlike most publishers, we contract for one book with new authors. This ensures that we maintain amicable partnerships with all our authors. We believe authors should profit as much as possible from their creations. To that end, our authors receive some of the highest royalty rates in the business.

Me: I'm not an author so I have no knowledge of this, but I see my favorite authors returning time and again to RAP so I'd say it's probably correct.

Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

So...that's the skinny on Red Adept Publishing, a small press right here in North Carolina. Would you like to know who some of my favorite authors are that I found all thanks to RAP? Of course you would! Get comfortable. There's quite a few of them. There are several genres represented here: mystery, cozy mystery, thriller, suspense, sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal. 


Shit, I feel like I'm forgetting some. I hope I'm not.




No comments:

Post a Comment