Saturday, February 20, 2021

Delivering Evil for Experts

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies


Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited
16 October 2020
Urban Fantasy
353 Pages

My Rating ~ 5 bites

Robin and Zylas have been trying to do so many things and all of them have seemed impossible. But they keep trying. Robin needs to avenge the death of her parents by catching the guy who did it. She needs to get her family grimoire translated in order to do that. She needs to help Ezra separate himself from his demon, Eterran. And she needs to send Zylas home to the demon realm. Because that’s what she promised. Of all the impossible things she’s trying to do the last one seems the most unattainable. When they find the key, how is she going to let him go?

Holy fuck! What a ride this series has been and this conclusion has all the feels. All of them! I had no idea how Robin and Zylas were going to pull off, not just one miracle, but several. I should have had faith. I love this book. Well, I love all the books, but this one is special. I mean, Robin falls head over heels in love with a demon. A hot demon. Nom nom nom! But wait! There’s more! There’s danger and mystery, and magic and more danger! Some of which I saw in the final book of the Codex: Spellbound series, Damned Souls & a Sangria. This book can be shelved under urban fantasy, fantasy, paranormal because it has magic, but also paranormal creatures. There’s lots of action, great characters, evil villains and there’s romance and steaminess between Robin and Zylas. Yeah, yeah, I know he’s a demon. So what? He’s hot. If you want a wild ride I recommend all the books in this series, hell this whole world (see Spellbound and Warped), but while this book can stand alone, you won’t feel nearly as invested in the characters and their dilemma if you don’t go back and read the first three books in this series. Trust me on this. It’s a slow build and so worth it. Five thumbs up! That is, if I had five thumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment