Sunday, April 5, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 338th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 337th Edition
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ A Bad Day for Sunshine by Darynda Jones

Page Forward >>>

  • Tuesday ~ Tour Review ~ The Die of Death by Kenneth B. Andersen
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR: The Die of Death
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 339th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: This quarantine is wearing me out! So much has been going on that I had to go back and read last Sunday's post to see what I told you. lol

Last Sunday 3 guys came out to drop 8 huge pines for us. Then they came back on Tuesday to drop a "twin" poplar (a tree that split into two trees and proceeded to grow-makes it weak and prone to come down and since it was right by our Exterior Library I said it had to go) and the kids' favorite tree, the buttcrack tree. They protested but I put my foot down. The tree should never have been left when they cleared the lot and it has worried me for nearly 20 years. I'm actually surprised it didn't come down on the house during Hurricane Michael, but since the guys were out and they gave a good price we told them to take it down. Good thing they did. It was hollow up the trunk for quite a ways and down inside had water in it. Not good! They did cut above the butt crack for us though, so yay! LOL It was really cool watching one of the guys climb the twin poplar and top it before they cut it. They said they couldn't just cut it because poplar is brittle and prone to snap and harder to keep it where they want it to fall if they do that when it's very tall. Which ours was. Anyway, the guys did an awesome job at a decent price and now hubby has a LOT of trees to cut up.
Pines
Buttcrack tree
Buttcrack has been saved!
The Twin Poplar

Lots of progress has been made on the Exterior Library. Still have work to do, but the majority is complete. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. Pssst: I'm tired of making bookshelves. lol




FYI: That aisle bookshelf is double row, double stacked. But that's finally the last of the  paperbacks. Still have several tubs of hardbacks and trade paperbacks as well as several boxes of kids books to go. Gotta clean the middle section of all the misc crap first. No room to build right now. We need to make a Lowe's run for some wood and some brackets for the shelves my laundryroom is finally going to get (after 20 yrs). Might look at skylights, too since our bathroom one is leaking.

Made a grocery run on Thurs for milk and a few other things and scored a mega pack of Charmin. We're good for a month on the shit paper. lol

In closing, I really wanted to take today off and get some shit done inside, but it's going to be 75º, so I'm going to transplant my marigold seedlings then burn brush until I don't feel like doing it anymore. It's supposed to hit the 80s Mon-Thurs so I'll work inside then.

Touching Nature: Been nice all week with more Spring-like temps. We've transplanted seedlings, worked on the Exterior Library, and burned some logs and brush. I'm exhausted.

Book News: I wrote up one review that I needed for this past week and started a book for a tour that's due Tues. That's it.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Cruising through Season 6 of Supernatural, but that's all.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Stay busy. Or not. Be creative. Or not. Any way you can get thru this crisis is fine. 
That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Kindle First
April Pick




Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.








4 comments:

  1. Laughing over that buttcrack tree!
    And wow, what a job those bookshelves must be! That's a great project for the time-being! Stay safe and happy reading!

    Stacy Renee | LazyDayLit

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing amazing! I always enjoy reading your post. I agree that with it getting into the 80s this week will be a good time to stay inside more for a couple days. It's been so gorgeous. I wish I could get motivated to do more yard work, maybe after the next heat wave.

    Have a wonderful week! Be kind and take care of yourself!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many freebies! And what a busy week you had. You have some amazing discipline getting so much done. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I am stupidly jealous over your library. I wish my husband was either good at DIY or rich so 8 could have one!
    We were supposed to have a tree loper out this month but it’s been postponed due to the lockdown.

    Wishing you a great reading week and good health

    ReplyDelete