Sunday, March 1, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 333rd Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 332nd Edition
  • Tuesday ~ ReviewPast This Point by Nicole Mabry
  • Thursday ~ Kindle Review ~ Popcorn and Poltergeists by Nancy Warren
  • Saturday ~ Kindle Review ~ Cockblock by C.V. Hunt

Page Forward >>>

  • Tuesday ~ Tour Review ~ Magic Unleashed by Devri Walls
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR Tour: Kingshold
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 334th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

 Welcome March!

On the Home Front: Hubby got an email Monday evening (a week after they said they'd call within 24 hrs) and the job he was hoping to get went to someone internally. WTF Why did they post on Indeed if they were going to go with someone on the inside? GRRR! They said they think he's got great credentials though and they're going to keep his info and encouraged him to apply for any other position they may post. At this point I'm like wtf-ever dude, why should he bother? But hubby is still hoping to get his foot in the door there. We'll see.

In other news, we bought a Samsung stove on Tues, it was out of stock, but they could deliver it Thurs. They did. We put our cord on it and only the burner elements worked. Nothing else. So I called and told them to get me another one. It was out of stock and wouldn't be able to be delivered until March 8th. What?! Ugh! So, the more I thought about it the more I didn't want another like that one, so I bought a GE stove on Friday and they delivered it yesterday. Put our cord on it and it did the same damn thing! We even went and bought a new cord even though logically we knew there was nothing wrong with our cord because hubby used his volt meter on the stove and it was getting the correct amount of juice. New cord, same issue. So, hubby decided to try one last thing. The instructions said, for a 4-prong cord, to cut and discard the ground strap. Well, guess what? The fucking directions were fucking wrong. For shits and giggles he reinstalled the ground strap and guess what? The stove worked! The ENTIRE stove worked, not just the burners. I shit you not. So, there was probably nothing wrong with the Samsung stove, but I like the GE stove better, so I'm keeping it. So there. And I'm taking back the new cord because we didn't fucking need it. It's been very frustrating. Can you tell? Anyway, here's the stove. Sorry it's blurry. I didn't notice until now and I'm too lazy to go take another picture. Tough titties. *shrugs*

Continuing news: Blue Cross Blue Shield still sucks ass. Also, AT&T internet sucks ass. I really need to call Verizon and see if they are better. Or call Spectrum and tell them we're starting a home-based business and we need their service on our road. 

Touching Nature: Typical Spring in North Carolina. It was trying to get warm then the temps dropped to the 20s at night and now we're supposed to go back up again. Maybe for good this time and I can get seeds started.

Book News: I have 2 reviews to write. One for a NetGalley book and one for a KU book that isn't urgent. I plan on taking a blog break. I'm tired. I'll still be around with the Sunday posts and I have a few more tours I'm in, so I'm not gone for good. I may post a Kindle review here and there. Or I may not. We'll see.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Deep in season 3 of our Supernatural rewatch. Love Bobby, hate Bella. Trip and I have continued with our rewatch of the Star Wars Universe with Star Wars: Rebels. Nearly done with season 2. We watched episode 2 of the latest Star Wars: Clone Wars on Friday. And we've watched the Hurricanes pretty much crash and burn after the amazing win in Toronto last Saturday night. At this rate we won't even qualify for a wild card spot. *sigh* However, we're not quite out of it yet.

At the Flicks: Nothing yet.

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: Because I've stared at this many times this week I thought I'd share.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom:

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Kindle Unlimited



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.


7 comments:

  1. Carol I really hope that your hubs will get his dream job because it's been hard for months now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a nice looking oven.. I hope you enjoy it.
    Sorry to hear hubby missed out, I’m really hoping something better happens for him.

    Enjoy your blog break, have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF with the stove?? So was the cord the problem? If not, what was?

    Sorry about the job for your hubs falling through. That's frustrating and annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your hubby's job situation, that sucks. I know HR has weird, annoyed policies. For the promotion I'm hoping to get, they have to interview outside applicants, even though they're like 99% decided on me. I think that's unfair to all of us. I hope something works out for him!

    And yeah, stove situation sounds very frustrating! Glad it worked out in the end and maybe you ended up with a better stove in the long run?

    Have a great week! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope things get worked out for your hubby. I'm also hoping we can look at some planting soon if the weather stops dipping into the 20s at night. We've had good luck with BCBS but I have to fight with AT&T sometimes. I may have to try to read Betwixt from KU; I like Darynda Jones.

    I hope things get better this week and happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  6. *HUGS* You had a crazy week. I'm so sorry. Enjoy your break and don't stress. It's good to rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the insurance crap and about the job hubby wanted. Maybe it'll work out and a better position will open up soon? I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'll miss seeing you around talking about books, but I get it. I hope you have a nice rest from things.

    ReplyDelete