Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Sins of the Undead Patriot

Book source ~ ARC. 
My review is voluntary and honest.
8 October 2012
Paranormal
320 Pages


My Rating ~ 1 bite
DNF @10%

Vaihan Louchian is a zombie and a special advisor to the President. Leera Waltz is a pawn. Rowley is some wing-nut who is anti-zombie. And there’s some guy (I can’t even be bothered to remember his name) who I have no idea whose side he’s on.

I usually try to give books more than 10% to see if it gets better, but when I stopped at 10% I just couldn’t gather a single drop of enthusiasm to come back to it. Vaihan is described as Ancient. Um, he’s 100 yrs old. I’m 51, nearly 52. What the fuck does that make me? Semi-Ancient? Wtf. Leera is sexually assaulted by this guy who is playing all sides. At least, I think he is? Anyway, she’s a wimp. And I have no idea what is going on. The writing is convoluted and boring. I think this is trying to be a military/political thriller with a paranormal twist and failing spectacularly. Maybe someone else will like this better.

No comments:

Post a Comment