Sunday, December 8, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 321st Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 320th Edition

Page Forward >>>

  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ The Mad Lord's Daughter by Jane Goodger
  • Saturday ~ TWR Tour ~ The Devil's Apprentice by Kenneth B. Andersen
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 322nd Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: So, when I left you last week, we were going to be traveling home from Southern Ohio Saturday evening. We were on the road by 7pm and we rolled in a little after 3:00am Sunday morning. There was rain and some fog (or maybe they were clouds?) especially in the mountains. But there was very little traffic. It was exhausting but nice. It was not raining when we got home so we were able to get unloaded, get some things put away, and fall into bed by 4am. I got up at 9am and started getting caught up after being gone for a week - online shit, laundry, cleaning, litter boxes, grocery shopping, errands,  blowing leaves, and decorations. It took me a couple of days, but I got the inside Christmas decorations up. I think I'm finally all up to speed both online and in real life. Except for all the Amazon deliveries. I have a stack of boxes to go through and sort, but I think I'm about done with my Christmas shopping. Yay!

In other news, Anna has exams this week and then she has a break. She's also adopting her kennel dog from school. For those who don't know or don't remember, my daughter is in the Vet Tech program at a community college that is an hour away. So she drives 2 hrs a day M-F for morning classes then comes home and goes to work at the Pet Lodge. Students have the option to adopt their kennel animal (the school usually gets them from a shelter or research places) Anyway, his name is Mr. Puggles and he comes home on the 14th. I will have pics next Sunday. Hopefully everyone will get along. I'm looking at you, Artemis.

Which reminds me, my mom adopted a cat! Her name is Gracie and she was abandoned at an apartment for who knows how long when her owners moved out and just left her there. Fucking assholes! My mom has never had a cat (other than outside barn cats on the farm), but they both seem to be adjusting. Mom calls her a Velcro kitty because she follows her everywhere. Here's a pic of Gracie being a bad kitty. She's not allowed on the table. But mom! The bird feeders are right.out.there! LOL


Touching Nature: It's been decent during the day and chilly at night. Haven't gotten any rain since it rained all day Saturday (according to Alex who watched the house, cats, and Vengeance-we boarded Artemis) and a bit on Sunday, but thankfully no rain when we rolled in at 3:00am. Rain gauge had 2" in it when I checked it Monday morning. :~O Backpack Blower and I made an awesome last push in Leafageddon: Infinity Wars. We were completely overrun with the Leafy Horde (we couldn't even see the driveway or most of the yard), but a 2 hr battle on Tuesday had us emerging victoriously leaf-free. Hubby and the boys got the outside Christmas lights up.

Book News: I have nothing to report here. I've been too busy to pick up a book. Although I did manage about 16% of one Friday night before bed. It felt good to read again.

Don't Touch That Dial!: The Mandalorian, as always. And sports. That's it.

At the Flicks: Nothing. But Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is soooooo close.

Cyberspace Playground: Nothing

Randomness: 
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom:
That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Purchased ebook
99¢



Kindle First
December Pick


Kindle Lending Library
December Pick


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.








10 comments:

  1. Oh I love your nugget of wisdom! So true, but so easy to forget! Why do I feel like the only one that Christmas is sneaking up on? I haven't bought presents for anyone but my husband (haven't even made a list!) and we MIGHT decorate today. So we're behind. I'm going to say it's because I have a new baby. How long can i play that card? until he's 5 maybe? LOL

    How exciting about the new pets! I don't know how you could not adopt your animal after working with them through the program, right?

    I hope you get some reading in this week! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It usually sneaks up on me, too, but this year I've tried to get a jump on it. So far, so good.

      You can totally play that new baby card, but after the first year people might start to side-eye you. Ignore them. lol

      I knew as soon as she said she was being assigned a dog to enrich, that we'd end up with it. lol When she moves out though Mr. Puggles has to go with her. And she said she's taking the cats, too. We'll see if that happens.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the trip went well. I can't believe I haven't heard of any of your shelf additions but they look interesting If you have finished with your leaves you are welcome to join in on mine! lol. I do just a bit each week rather than doing the whole thing over a couple days, but it is about finished. Thankfully, the trees look very bare now. I've loved the weather now with 50s in the day mostly, not much rain.

    Have a great week and enjoy some of your new reads!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do all the leaves at once. There were so many of them! I mean, I'd done them like 5x already! And even though most of the leaves were finally down, would you believe that I could actually do another quick round as a final sweep? I'm not sure where they're coming from! lol

      Delete
  3. My daughter is also studying to become a vet at university!!! And carol I think she (and I) would adopt way too many pets from kennels LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's hard not to want to bring them all home. lol Good luck to your daughter! My daughter said maybe she'd go for the vet schooling later. Right now she's concentrating on Vet Technician. She's not sure she wants to go through all the extra schooling to be an actual Vet. We'll see. She's only 22.

      Delete
  4. I’m glad you had a good trip. Cute cat. I’m looking forward to pictures of the dog. I’m very much a dog person. I hope you have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's bringing him home Saturday so I should have cute pics for Sunday's post. :D

      Delete
  5. I’m glad the drive home was safe and uncomplicated, and you are all up to speed already.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hate traveling in the rain. Or the snow. But it was relatively easy. Yay!

      Delete