Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Reign of the Vampires

Book source ~ NetGalley
17 November 2014
Paranormal | Romance | Dystopian
236 Pages


My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble



It’s been a decade since the outbreak of V2000 and everything went horribly wrong. Vampires are no longer hiding in the shadows, but with the virus comes a high price: most humans are turned into a mutated Vampire offshoot called vamps. True, pureblood humans are a fast dwindling commodity and even though they have a synthetic blood that they can survive on, Vampires crave warm sweet blood straight from the tap.

Danika Chekov is the only female Vampire Lord in America. She’s young, too. So of course, the older male Vampire Lords try to make her feel inferior. But Danika is made of sterner stuff. She may be going through a rough patch and someone may or may not be trying to kill her, but she will not bow down to anyone. So she purchases Mason, a human swept up by a slaver crew. Their attraction to each other is undeniable. But Mason isn’t what he seems and Danika’s world is about to get very complicated.

Bad timing on my part, but I just finished a Vampires-Take-Over-The-World book and it sucked. So, I went into this one with great reluctance and was immediately sucked in. Hehe I said sucked in. Like blood…oh, nevermind. Anyway, the characters are awesome, the world is complicated, and the mystery is twisty. My only complaint is the terminology for the Vampires, vampyr and vamps confused the fuck out of me for far too long. It wasn’t explained very well or I just didn’t get it. I’m not sure which. Anyway, Mason is definitely not human. I’m not giving anything away with this observation. You’ll see it in the opening chapter. But what he is…is something cool. I love this story and can’t wait to read more in this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment