Friday, August 30, 2019

Fair Isle and Fortunes

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies

Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library
8 May 2019
Cozy | Paranormal | Mystery
256 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble


Lucy Swift is becoming more and more comfortable running the wool shop in Oxford that she inherited from her grandmother. Her cousin Violet helps her out with the shop and also tries to get her to practice her witchy skills. But Lucy has had some bad luck with that so she avoids it at all costs. When Violet fills in for the regular fortune teller at a local fair, she may be a tad too honest about her clients’ futures. When one of them ends up dead, things get really nasty and accusations of “witch” get thrown around. Lucy and her vampire friends need to find out who the real murderer is before the local townspeople resort to burning people at the stake, namely her cousin.

I’m still loving this series. It’s entertaining, light, and easy to read. The murders aren’t easy to solve, so they keep me guessing. Plus, how can I resist knitting vampires and magic gone awry? I can’t, so I will keep going with this series and hope it never ends.

This installment focuses more on Lucy’s magic ancestry and her family (and coven) and less on the vampires, but it’s still an enjoyable read. Lucy’s two beaus are still in the picture and it is not immediately clear who she will pick once things start heating up. Neither one is a perfect fit which makes things interesting. I’m looking forward to the next book in the series.

2 comments:

  1. I just started the newest one, Lace and Lies. It came out the end of July. This is such a fun series.

    "she may be a tad too honest about her clients’ futures" - Hah! That's putting nicely, lol. Tact is not Violet's strong suit. I enjoyed this one, glad you did too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hugely fun series. Violet reminds me of myself except I wouldn't have been quite so honest at the fortunes. lol It's Sept 2, so I can get the next book with my Kindle Lending Library monthly freebie. YAY!

      Delete