Friday, June 21, 2019

Storm Cursed

Book source ~ Library
7 May 2019
Paranormal | UF 
368 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble

Mercy Thompson is a mechanic, but she’s also a whole lot more. As a coyote shifter she has some problems fitting in with the Columbia Basin werewolf pack. Normally, she wouldn’t give a fig about the pack, but ever since she married their Alpha, Adam Hauptman, she kinda has to deal with them. And now she’s dealing with a situation that she brought upon herself and the pack and that’s being the go-between for the humans and the Gray Lords of the Fae. Mercy doesn’t try to make her life more complicated. These things just seem to happen.

I love this series. I really do. And while I love this installment in it, it just seems to be a bit much this time. I’m not sure why I feel that way because the book has everything I love about the entire series: paranormal shenanigans, steaminess, humor, my favorite characters, danger, mystery, and a decent plot. Ok, maybe it’s the plot. It feels off. Maybe because the last book had Mercy kidnapped and carried off to Europe. It seems like the thing on the bridge with the troll happened forever ago and I guess what I really need is a series refresher. I do hope the Fae storyline gets some more attention because I think that’s what it needs. They really only end up as a subplot of this book because there’s some new Big Bads in town and they are not Fae. Hint: there’s some adorable zombies involved. If I had to guess, this book is setting up a big Fae/human showdown which should prove very complicated and interesting. I do still love this series and can’t wait for the next story.

No comments:

Post a Comment