Sunday, June 2, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 295th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 294th Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Kindle ReviewBone Music by Christopher Rice
  • Thursday ~ ReviewDesire the Night by Amanda Ashley
  • Saturday ~ ReviewThe Strings of Murder by Oscar de Muriel

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Review ~ The Book of the Forsaken by Yannis Karatsioris
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Touch of Smoke by Karissa Laurel
  • Friday ~ Review ~ The Pandora Room by Christopher Golden
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 296th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

Holy crap! It's June! WTF

On the Home Front: Not much happening. It's been hot. Worked outside and sweated buckets. Had the grandkids Weds, so we went to the park early then played at our house. It's mostly been a quiet week. And hot. Did I mention that? lol

Touching Nature: Hot, hot, hot, ohlookmorehot, nasty storm, cool. We planted some seedlings in buckets and misc pots. Maybe some of it will grow. I mowed and weeded and we finally sacrificed the Christmas tree to the S'mores Gods on Monday evening. Hubby played on his tractor plowing up some dirt to use for our buckets and he got the chainsaw out and cut some smaller stuff down by the drive which we had to drag to the firepit area.

Book News: I have 3 reviews to write and so many books lined up on my currently reading that I really need to get those written so I can get reading again. I'm trying very hard not to let the reviews pile up. The longer I get from finishing the book the less I remember. lol

Don't Touch That Dial!: Lots of Criminal Minds and a few old Twilight Zone episodes. The boys and I finished Star Wars: Rebels. *sad face*

At the Flicks: Looks like we're going to see Godzilla this week.

Cyberspace Playground: I discovered a funny YouTuber on Twitter. The entire video is an Avengers: Endgame spoiler, so be warned. 

Randomness: I approve of this plan.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I'm a dumpling. Mmmm...I love dumplings.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library


Kindle First
June Pick

Kindle Lending Library
June Pick


Freebies
Ok, so I went a little nuts this week. 
That's what I get for opening my daily 
bargain emails that I've ignored in forever. 
Gaze twice, click once.












6 comments:

  1. Your nugget I needed today! Thank you! :)

    The weather is stupid and stupid. I can't even explain how stupid. It's just stupid and I am done with weather. (if that was possible)

    Yay! The Grandkids, I am glad you are seeing them again.

    For a review blog, I am totally lacking in that area. I need to start writing them again and yes if I wait too long, I totally forget.

    Have a great week, Carol! happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the weather where I am has been sunny. We're supposed to get rain this week and it might get cooler, so we'll see. Have a great week Carol!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to decide if I should watch the newer Godzilla films. I've been hearing lots of mixed things about them. Have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a lot of freebies!

    It’s cold here, I’m actually shivering right now but I feel like it’s too early to put the heat on.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several of your books have caught my eye. Need to check them out. It's been 90s and hot here too. My yard needs attention nut just not feeling it. LOL Guess I'll clean it up in small doses of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well after the hot and the hail, it hasn't been too bad this week. I got out and pulled weeds, picked up sticks and pine cones. Next week looks like all rain all the time. So many books, too little time. I agree about needing to write the reviews timely after reading. Have a great weekend.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete