Monday, April 22, 2019

The Witcher

Book source ~ Library
 Andrzej Sapkowski (creator)
Illustrators ~ Joe Querio, 
Piotr Kowalski, Max Bertolini
13 November 2018
Graphic Novel | Fantasy | Horror
440 Pages


My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble

Geralt of Rivia is a witcher, someone who is a monster hunter for hire. This massive volume contains several comic series: House of Glass, Fox Children, Curse of Crows, and Killing Monsters. Plus the usual goodies at the end, like a sketchbook and such.

The Witcher series showed up on my radar when my teenager asked for the books. I think he discovered the books after seeing the video game. Then he heard there was going to be a series and now he’s witcher obsessed. I want to read the books, but haven't gotten around to them yet. When I saw there were graphic novels out I jumped at the chance to dive into the witcher world with them first. I can fit a graphic novel (or two or three) into my schedule much more easily than some hefty books. I have to admit, I’m hooked.

The monsters are plentiful in the witcher world as this graphic novel will show. There’s not much background on how Geralt becomes a witcher or who his traveling companions are to him, but the stories are self-contained and entertaining. Geralt has principals that chafe him when they go up against witcher code, but I like his unique ways of resolving the situations. Also, Geralt is hot. Nom nom! My son has asked me to stop saying that. LOL I consider this an excellent volume to get started in the world of Geralt and if you have already been through the books then I imagine it would be a wonderful addition. Finally, the artwork is gorgeous. I may have suggested this purchase to the library (and they bought it-I love my library!), but we’ll be adding it to our own home library soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment