Sunday, January 13, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 276th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 275th Edition

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Review ~ The Other Side of Elsewhere by Brett McKay
  • Wednesday ~ Kindle Review ~ Bella's Band by Alina K. Field
  • Friday ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ The Norse Chronicles by Karissa Laurel
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 277th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: This week I was busy Ubering for app'ts (I should take tips) and Artemis training. Oh, I didn't mention we changed Velvet's name to Artemis. Since she wasn't really responding to Velvet we figured it wouldn't be too bad. She's a quick learner when it comes to training and is progressing well. It's the cats that she has a major problem with. Ugh. We had a bad cat incident where she plowed through the baby gate to get to them and we've had to implement stricter measures. Capt Kirk and Nox were safe up on Anna's bunkbed but were still traumatized. Sugarcube took the brunt with a large hunk of fur torn from her backside before we could get to them in time. Artemis also knocked everything off Anna's bookcase to get to Sugarcube on the windowsill. Candles, knick knacks and tv all went to the floor. Luckily nothing was broken including Sugarcube (except for the fur). So, we'll need to build a sturdy gate/door in the hallway to keep the cats separate from her and tall enough for Artemis to not jump over. It's going to be an interesting thing since our hallway has the peak of the house running the length of it. So, not a typical hallway or a typical gate. Lots of changes in routine this week. It's like having a toddler in the house and I'm exhausted.

Touching Nature: It wasn't too bad at the beginning of the week then, as the week progressed, it got kinda chilly before it escalated to nipple-lethal-weapons weather. Got a bit of sleet at the time of this drafting, but all is well so far.

Book News: I finally finished not one, but three books! Whew! I was beginning to wonder there. Just need to write the reviews now.

Don't Touch That Dial!: I have watched nothing this week.

At the Flicks: We saw Aquaman last Sunday. I wasn't too enthused to see it, but it wasn't bad.

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: This is much funnier if you've seen Ant-Man. lol

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I'm having one of those weeks where I'm too old for this shit. What shit? Pick something and that's it.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing this week.


From NetGalley
Sorry, not sorry.



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.



8 comments:

  1. My husband goes is it cold outside. I said "My nipples can cut glass" He goes...OooooKay. lol

    I am still hoping she adjusts to the cats, she sounds like she could use the love after being in the shelter so long. I love her new name but I still think she looks like a bat. :) Kittens are exhausting also, it's like I have twin toddlers.

    I hope this week is awesome, Carol! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL Yeah, that's pretty cold. *snickers*

      I hope so, too. It's unlikely she'll ever be able to stay home uncrated. We just won't be able to trust her completely around the cats. But if we can just get her to ignore them when we're around then I'll call it a win.

      Delete
  2. I am curious about the MCCALL books. I am surprised the cats didn't just swipe him across the nose, usually they handle the training. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw them in one of my groups and hope to get to them soon. And by soon I mean this decade. lol

      I wish I could trust that letting them swipe her would work, but she's going for the kill. That is way too dangerous for them, so she'll have to be trained. A lot. I really didn't sign up for all of this work, but she's so cute what am I going to do?

      Delete
  3. I hope the animals stop fighting soon. I used to have 3 dogs, and they’d occasionally get irritated and take a mouthful of fur out of each other. They never hurt each other, though. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope with lots and lots of training we can let them co-exist when we are present. But I won't ever be able to trust her to roam while we aren't here. The risk is too great. I'll just be glad when we get to the point where she ignores them. *sigh*

      Delete
  4. I hope the cats and Artemis can learn to co-exist soon! I'm glad nothing was broken except for a few chucks of fur missing.

    I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you got 3 books read. Our weather seems to go in 5 day cycles. The next 3 days will be in the 50s which means it will be cloudy and / or raining, then it is back to the 30s. Tomorrow afternoon is my best chance to rake another 2 cans of leaves. I hope this week is going even better for you! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete