Saturday, May 27, 2017

Eleventh Grave in Moonlight

*Book source ~ Library
24 January 2017
UF | Paranormal | Mythology 

My Rating ~ 5 bites

Charley Davidson, grim reaper, PI, and goddess, is back to work. Balancing cases, goddess-type stuff, and helping the dead is not easy work, but Charley soldiers on because she needs to do her thing so her daughter can do her thing when the time comes. And amongst all the supernatural stuff, Charley needs to keep her uncle alive and out of hell and take care of Amber’s problem. But she can handle it, right? Right?

When I started this book, I panicked because I felt a sense of dissatisfaction at the direction the series was headed. All of this god and goddess stuff and thousands of dimensions makes my head hurt and I was afraid I’d end up falling into a deep pit of dontcare-itis by the end. However, for the most part, this book has Charley going about her usual business with the goddess stuff, while not taking a total back seat, at least muted a bit. The pre-ending seemed a bit rushed, but omfg, that for realz ending?! Holy shit! Lots of mystery, humor and hotness as per usual and I’m happy to claim I stayed well away from that nasty mid-series pit. I am very much looking forward to the next book and see how Charley fixes the mess she and Reyes just made. In the words of George Takei: “Oh, MY!”

No comments:

Post a Comment