Friday, May 13, 2016

BtVS Season 9, Vol 4: Welcome to the Team

*Book source ~ Library
Author ~ Joss Whedon, Andrew Chambliss
Illustrator ~ Georges Jeanty, Karl Moline
Publisher ~ Dark Horse
Published ~ 22 October 2013
Genre ~ Graphic Novel | Paranormal | Media Tie-In
Pages ~ 136


My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble

From Goodreads:
Buffy is unwillingly recruited by the demon Illyria and a mystical council to take down the Siphon—for good. He is on the loose again, and a danger to all remnants of magic! Meanwhile, back home the loss of magic has begun to affect those closest to Buffy . . . Collect issues #16-#20 of Season 9.

I’ve been waiting forever and a day for this volume to show up at the library. I’ve read the rest of Season 9, so this one fills in the gap of what’s going on with Dawn. I still hate Xander, no surprise there. Love Buffy and the motley crew she’s collected, but I miss Spike so much. *sigh* But Illyria and Eldre Koh are here. Yay! The artwork is decent except for Andrew. He looks zero like he’s supposed to. I can’t even tell it’s him until someone calls him by name or he says something geeky. That Siphon is a piece of work and Simone is a real cunt nugget. All-in-all, I love this installment of the Buffyverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment