Monday, May 9, 2016

BtVS Season 9, Vol. 2: On Your Own

*Book source ~ Library
Title ~ On Your Own
Series ~ BtVS, Season 9, Vol. 2
Created by ~ Joss Whedon
Author ~ Andrew Chambliss, Scott Allie
Illustrator ~ Georges Jeanty, Cliff Richards
Publisher ~ Dark Horse
Published ~ 5 December 2012
Genre ~ Graphic Novel | Paranormal
Pages ~ 144


My Rating ~ 3 bites and a nibble

From Goodreads:
With the Scooby gang on the skids, Buffy finds herself increasingly alone. When faced with some tough decisions grounded in “real world” problems (i.e., not the slaying of pesky demons), Buffy is determined to make her own choices, but that doesn’t mean she won't need a little handholding along the way. Cue Spike, compelled to stand by his best friend in her moment of need. Together they'll tackle the increasing zompire population and a rogue Slayer out for blood. Collects Buffy Season 9 #6–#10; and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: In Space No One Can Hear You Slay!” from Free Comic Book Day 2012.

Well, shit. How do I write this review without giving anything away about the real world problem or that fucking ridiculous twist? *keyboard meets forehead, repeatedly* There is a lot of Spike in this volume and that’s the only reason I gave it the rating I did. Because I love me some Spike. Nom nom nom! Otherwise, it’s so damn stupid I can’t…words fail me. Detective Dowling is proving to be interesting. I hope to see more of him. Andrew’s involved in this one, but he’s responsible for the dumbass twist, so he’s on my shit list. And damn, why can’t they kill Simone already?! In a totally inconsequential side note, I wish Buffy had kept the pink streaks in her hair. I liked them. Also, I give the artwork two thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment