Monday, November 2, 2015

Down Town

*Book source ~ NetGalley
Title ~ Down Town
Author ~ Jim Butcher
Published ~ 23 September 2015
Genre ~ Graphic Novel | Paranormal
Pages ~ 144


My Rating ~ 5 bites

Chicago has had another homicide rating high on the Weird Shit O’Meter and Lt. Karrin Murphy has called in wizard extraordinaire and PI Harry Dresden as a consultant. Yep. It’s supernatural and with some help from his apprentice Molly Carpenter they’re able to narrow down the pool of suspects. When mob boss “Gentleman Johnnie” Marcone sticks his nose into Harry’s (and Murphy’s) business Harry doesn’t let that stop him from trying to take down whatever or whoever it is that’s killing people in his city. But who will win the showdown downtown in Undertown?

Another great story in the Dresden Universe. This is an original story and is not something that’s been rehashed in a different medium. You’ve got Harry, Molly, Marcone and Mouse for a large portion of the tale with Murphy, Thomas, Bob, Guard and Hendricks making appearances. Loved the story and the artwork is fantastic. If you’re a Dresden fan then this is one installment that shouldn’t be missed.

8 comments:

  1. I have not been able to get into the Dresden Files novels but I am very intrigued about the graphic novels. Nothing does supernatural adventures like a graphic novel! I shall be inspecting my library's database to see if they have any :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can get through the first 3 novels they get much better as they go along. As far as the graphic novels, there are several. Unfortunately my library doesn't have very many. :(

      Delete
  2. This was the first graphic novel I tried and enjoyed cause I love The Dresden Files. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! The Dresden Files is one of my favorite series. And so far, the graphic novels that I've read are pretty good. I need to get my greedy little hands on the rest of them. lol

      Delete
  3. One of these days I am going to have time to read The Dresden Files... I hope. I haven't read any traditional published authors since I started reviewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man, I love the series. LOVE! And now my kids love it, too. :) I think there's only going to be 21 books in the series, so maybe by the time it's complete you'll have time to read them all in a row. :D

      Delete
  4. I had an ARC of this as well, but I had a lot of trouble with it, because many of the speech-bubbles in my copy were empty :( I agree that the artwork was great, but I couldn't understand the story fully because of the missing dialogues.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bummer! This was the last ACSM file I was able to open. I've picked up a few other graphic novels at NetGalley and now I can't open them. It's very frustrating!

      Delete