Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Spike: The Complete Series

*Book source ~ Library
Author ~ Brian Lynch
Illustrator ~ Franco Urru
Nicola Zanni
Stephen Mooney
Publisher ~ IDW Publishing
Published ~ 31 July 2012
Genre ~ Graphic Novel | Paranormal
Pages ~ 200


My Rating ~ 5 bites

From Goodreads:
Spike is out on his own, away from Angel's watchful eye, and in charge of his own destiny. Old flames and new challenges arise as Spike faces a crazed killer, Wolfram & Hart, and the consequences of having a soul. This title collects the complete 8-issue series of "Spike" by Brian Lynch that connects the "After The Fall" storyline to the subsequent "Buffy: Season 8" series.

Now, I think I’ve made it pretty clear in the past that I love Spike. He is my absolute favorite Buffy/Angel character. But that doesn’t mean I’ll automatically love anything that comes out pertaining to my beloved fantasy vampire boyfriend. However, in this case, I do. It’s awesome! The storylines and the artwork are fantastic. Not perfect, mind you, but damn near. The only problem I had with it is Drusilla. She didn’t look like Drusilla at all, but at least she was in the story. I love that crazy bitch. Plus, there was Groo, the dragon and Willow. Yay! Since I’ve read the comics out of order I have no idea who Beck and Betta George are though I quite like them and will need to get up to speed on their place in the Buffyverse. Ok, I did read a bit about Betta George in Angel: After the Fall, but I still don’t know how he came into the Big Picture. No worries. I’ll get to all of the comics sooner or later. One day I’ll have them all in my personal collection. Until then thank goodness for the library! Especially mine since I suggested the purchase and they actually bought it. To my local Buffy/Angel friends: you’re welcome. To my library: you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment