Wednesday, July 15, 2015

WoWwA ~ Fire Study

*Book source ~ Purchased at Audible
Title ~ Fire Study
Series ~ Study, #3
Author ~ Maria V. Snyder
Narrator ~ Gabra Zackman
Publisher ~ Harlequin
Published ~ 29 February 2008
Genre ~ Fantasy
Length ~ 11 hrs 20 min


Our Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble

Yelena has come a long way since languishing in the Commander’s dungeon for a year after committing murder. Becoming the food taster gave her opportunities she never could have dreamed in those long dark days and nights. Discovering that amongst her unusual magical abilities, she’s also a rare Soulfinder puts her at risk from people in both Ixia and Sitia. Evil is afoot and Yelena, along with several allies & friends, must find and stop it before her world and everything she loves in it will be destroyed.

Guest Reviewers
T ~ my 16-yr-old son
K ~ my 14-yr-old son

A ~ my 17-yr-old daughter has opted out of audiobook listening with us for the foreseeable future since she just graduated high school and is ready to start the next phase of her life. We will miss her input.

This is an enjoyable book with lots of adventure, humor and peril to our beloved characters, Yelena and Valek. We all agree that we still love them as well as Ari, Janco and Opal. We also agree that we hate Roze, Tauno and Cahil. Damn, why hasn’t someone killed Cahil already?! Marrok is a surprising character. We couldn’t get a bead on him, but we feel bad about what happened to him. Leif has proven himself to not be such an asshat now, so we prefer if he stays alive. There is copious amounts of traveling in this book. I was exhausted just listening to them, but it makes for good storytelling. We would have been sad if this had been the last book, as originally had been planned (and when I read them back in 2011), but there’s a new addition called Shadow Study, so we’ll be moving on to it soon. Though technically I guess it’s a whole new trilogy called Soulfinders. Anywho, it’s up next.

Favorite Quotes:

“Leif. That's not nice, considering all your sister has done for you," admonished Perl.
"Oh right. How could I forget that she made me bait for a snake, left me on house arrest in Ixia, and smuggled me into the Keep in a coffin.”

When I failed to move, Valek pushed me off the mat and curled in my place under the covers. “Ahh. Still warm.”
“You’re evil,” I said, but he feigned sleep.

Nothing like having a warrant for your execution to get a girl motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment