Tuesday, June 30, 2015

BtVS: Season 8, Vol 2

*Book source ~ Library
Illustrator ~ Georges Jeanty
Publisher ~ Dark Horse Comics
Published ~ 14 May 2008
Genre ~ Graphic Novel | Paranormal
Pages ~ 136


My Rating ~ 3 bites

Something big is brewing and while Buffy is working on figuring out who or what the new Big Bad is all about, Giles and Faith have some work to do elsewhere.

Ok, first I have to say that the cover on this one is not flattering. At all. I don’t like it. Buffy and Faith look like zombies. And Faith looks especially bad. While she’s not my favorite character (not by a long shot) I think she could look better than that, with her mouth hanging open she looks like she should have some drool dangling off her lip. Ewww. Anyway, the rest of the illustrations aren’t bad. Faith doesn’t really look much like Faith, but whatever. I’m not pleased about Giles working with Faith, but I’m also pissed at him for trying to kill Spike in Season 7, so he can stay away for now. There’s really not much here advancing the Twilight part of the story, but it does address some of the problems of what happened when Willow did the magic mojo on the scythe, turning all the potentials into slayers and then those same new slayers having no one to guide them. There’s only so many Sunnydale alum to go around and with over 1800 (approximately) slayers out there it was only a matter of time before some of these newbies turned to the dark side. So…this is getting interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm officially intrigued enough to get over my aversion to graphic novels. I actually kinda love Faith. Though Giles did piss me off in season 7 too. Going to see if my library has these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *claps excitedly* Oh yay!! I hope your library does. And the best thing? They don't take all that long to read. If you love Faith then you'll love this one. And there are other graphic novels featuring her. I just haven't gotten to them yet. I'm planning on going back to the beginning before continuing with all the others that split off, like the Faith ones or Angel or Spike. There's tons out there!

      Delete