Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fat Vampire

*Book source ~ Picked up for free on Amazon.
Title ~ Fat Vampire
Series ~ Fat Vampire, #1
Publisher ~ Johnny B. Truant
Published ~ 2 October 2012
Genre ~ Paranormal | Humor
Pages ~ 196

My Rating ~ 5 bites

Reginald Baskin is an overweight treadmill company office worker who spends his days trapped in cubicle hell. Working with a bunch of jerks who think it’s fun to bully the fat guy, Reginald just wants to get through his days with a minimum of whoopee cushions and fat jokes. There are a few others who are like him, the ones who are outside the clique of fit and snobby employees and there’s one young-looking Goth IT guy who wears a sword on his belt and works nights that Reginald is sort of fascinated with and he’s not sure why. One morning when their paths cross Reginald says, “Hey” and Maurice says, “Hey” in return. This simple hello eventually progresses to a guys evening out for some bowling, but before they can have some fun some of Maurice’s buddies show up and Reginald’s life changes forever. Who knew vampires were real? And that they don’t get all beautiful and sparkly when they become one? Reginald just can’t catch a break. Or can he?

The writing is smooth and easy to fall into. I devoured it any chance I had to sit down and pick it up. The plot is excellent. Poor Reginald. I love this guy. He’s 350 lbs and works for a company that sells exercise equipment. To top it off he has some really asshat co-workers though there are a few others in this story who are great characters. This book brought many of my emotions to the table. Anger at the asshats, frustration that Reginald put up with them, humor at a lot of his thoughts and then at some of his vampire situations, despair, pity, annoyance, surprise, more anger and hopelessness before finally busting out in hope and pride. Reginald rocks! I can’t wait to read more about his adventures as a vampire.

9 comments:

  1. Not sure it's my cup of tea but it sounds interesting and I do like that he's not your usual handsome, suave, sparkly vampire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely unconventional and so is Reginald. Loved it. :)

      Delete
  2. I got this book too ! Glad to know you loved it, I'm looking forward to reading it now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this book for over a year now and I really want to hurry up and read it! I think it called to me because it sounded like a mix of great humor and characters. I'm glad it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to read it. *clasps hands together to chest* I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

      Delete
  4. First that cover is hilarious! I love that you connected with the protagonist and found the tale well written and engaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great story, Kimba! I think you would enjoy it!

      *psst* I have no idea how I missed this comment. O.O

      Delete