Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Walking on Wednesday w/Audios ~ World War Z

Author ~ Max Brooks
Narrator ~ various
Publisher ~ Books On Tape
Published ~ 14 May 2013
Genre ~ Paranormal/Post-Apocalyptic

*Book source ~ Local library

Rating ~ 2 bites out of 5
Narration ~ 5 bites out of 5

An interviewer documents the many stories of what people were doing when the Zombie War broke out.

Guest reviewers:
A ~ my 16-year-old daughter
T ~ my 14-year-old son
K ~ my 13-year-old son

T said it was stupendously boring and the movie was more exciting. A said she liked some of the interviews, but for the most part it was boring. She never watched the movie so has no opinion on it other than she heard it was stupid. K said it wasn’t too awful and was actually interesting in parts. K did watch the movie and thought both the book and the movie were ok. So, for the most part the consensus is that the book was boring. However, everyone did enjoy the fact that there were a multitude of different voices for the various interviews giving the book a rich in-depth listening experience.

I also agree it was boring. Some parts were ok, even a bit interesting and the narration was top notch, but not enough to elevate it to more than 'Meh'.

So, obviously not a book we will listen to again. Ah, well. Can’t like them all.

6 comments:

  1. "Can't like them all" is a good attitude to have. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I hope to see it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly wish we could like them all, but it's not very realistic. Which is a bit of a bummer. lol I haven't watched the movie either, but then again I don't want to. :)

      Delete
  2. Aw bummer when that happens. How neat yall read (or rather listened) together though and yay for the narration being a good one. That's nice they gave a good effort to each of the different voices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. What's not to love about a zombie book? Bummer it didn't work for us though. We've been listening to audios for about a decade +/-. We've listened to hundreds of books and relistened to many such as Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl. :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this audio book so much! It is sad that you did not enjoy it - I love the timeline from before, during and after! (I am also a huge zombie nerd so that might make a difference)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The narration was wonderful! The content, well...*sigh* Oh, well. Glad you loved it! :)

      Delete