Sunday, September 16, 2012

Absent Without Leave

It's hard to believe, and yet it's not, that I haven't posted for a month. It's been a bad four weeks in our household. Not earth-shaking or catastrophic or anything like that, but our routine has been shot to hell. Without going into every gory detail, we've dealt with illness, back-to-school crap and not one, but BOTH of our vehicles failing at virtually the same moment. We replaced one vehicle only to have our main van, a Pontiac POS Montana blow a head gasket only one day later. That was on 9/2. We still haven't gotten it back from the mechanic with a new engine though they promised it would be ready this Tuesday. Uh, huh. Like they PROMISED it would be ready this past Friday 9/14. Yeah. When I have the key in my hot little hand will I believe it's ready to bring home.

So...my cough is still lingering, but seems to be tapering off and I managed to get some sleep this weekend because I wasn't ferrying my husband to and from work at his 2nd shift job. For the last two weeks, instead of going to bed at 10:30 and getting up at 6:30 with my nice normal routine, I've been going to bed at 1am and getting up at 6:30am. Of course, since I'm running around all day there is no time for a nap. I'm beyond exhausted. Maybe that's why the cough won't go away?

BUT...I'm going to hope that this week brings the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not an inbound train. With luck we'll have my van back Tuesday and we can stop squeezing into the 'new' Honda Accord (a 97 vs the 91 that coincidentally also blew a head gasket), my husband can go back to carrying himself to and fro and we won't put another 1,000 miles on a vehicle we've had only 2 weeks. Then all will be back to normal. Well, as normal as it gets around here anyway.

And I'll take the old normal over this last new four week normal any damn day of the year.

**I've had to edit this 3 times since I posted. Still tired? Who, me? lol

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better, I'm having seasonal allergies myself.

    May the odds ever be in your favor :D

    Talk Supe
    Reader Tribute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Braine! Hoping the last of it is on the way out. No more bad juju!

    ReplyDelete