Friday, August 17, 2012

Bananas Foster

Bananas Foster
   ~ Sandra Murphy
Publisher ~ Untreed Reads
Published ~ 20 March 2012

My Rating ~ 4 out of 5


Bernice is a Pink Lady at the hospice, but one of the Doogie Howser doctors told her that she’s getting older and she should get a hobby, either something new or something she used to enjoy. Bernice is livid and decides to make one of the patients her project. She sits down with John and gets his story then proceeds to arrange things to her satisfaction in order to make John’s final days happier. When she tells Ken her plan he says, ‘We retired.’ But he goes along with her plan.

This is an excellent short story. Bernice is a great character and after reading it I was reminded of the movie Red with Bruce Willis. I really want to know what kind of work Bernice and Ken retired from. Or do I? On second thought, maybe I don’t need to know. *looks over shoulder* Really, I’m fine with not knowing.

*The publisher provided a copy of this book to me for review. Please see disclaimer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment