Wednesday, February 15, 2012

No Limits

No Limits ~ Jenna McCormick
Publisher ~ Aphrodisia
Published ~ 27 December 2011

My Rating ~ 3 out of 5

Genevieve Luzon is going nowhere fast. She just lost her job, her account is dwindling and her sister has disappeared. Rhys is an empath, not of Earth and in an impossible situation. When Gen’s friend Gia orders her a man whore, I mean, pleasure companion named Franco from Illustra for the night, Rhys ends up along for the ride. And what a ride it turns out to be.

I didn’t realize when I picked this book that it was set in the future as well as being sci-fi. That’s not a bad thing because it’s sort of a futuristic, sci-fi, erotica hybrid story. Space traveling is as common as hopping on a plane is today. Cool technologies exist and prostitution has been legalized with the invention of the personal germ shield. However, the company Illustra is up to no good, really bad, evil no good and it’s up to Rhys and Gen to stop them.

I really enjoyed this book even though the constant ping ponging between Gen and Rhys wore on my nerves after awhile. Gen is a bit of a wimp and whiny, too, and Rhys is clueless, but since he’s not human I cut him some slack. Overall, I really enjoyed the whole setting and the story. I also like how the author left an opening for a Book 2 featuring Gia and the space pirate Zan (also not human).

Writing is smooth, characters are ok, setting is cool, story is good and the sex is…*stares off into space replaying the scenes in head*…what? Oh, yeah. *ahem* The sex scenes are yummy! An entertaining read which means I’ll read more by Jenna McCormick.

*The publisher provided a copy of this story for me to review. Please see disclaimer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment