Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Vultures

An enemy slain is not a conflict won...

After decades of war the demon Te Mirkvahíl is dead. But its progeny endure, spilling from the Heart of Mirkúr, sowing death across the land of Ariath. If the people are to finally know peace, the Heart must be destroyed. Theailys An believes he can do just that with The Keepers' Wrath, an infamous power focus wrought in Ariath's yesteryears--but the weapon first must be reforged.

War spares no one...

Serece never intended to get involved in Ariath's war. But history and demons have a way of pulling strings. When she learns Theailys An, a man whom she abhors, bears striking similarity to the first creator of The Keepers' Wrath, Serece departs her mountain world for Ariath to ascertain the truth.

From patience, hope...

For millennia Behtréal has walked the world alone. Rewriting history to resurrect his people is easier said than done. But Ariath holds the key--soon The Keepers' Wrath will be remade.

Truth from madness...

As paths converge and a shadow falls across Ariath, one thing becomes increasingly and horrifyingly clear--these events have played out many times before.


Book source ~ Tour
Shadow Twins, #1
31 May 2019
Fantasy | Epic Fantasy
344 Pages

My Rating ~ 2 bites
DNF @42%

The land of Ariath is suffering a plague. There are many characters trying to stop it. There’s a magical sword called The Keepers’ Wrath that’s supposed to be reforged so Ariath can go back to being normal. That’s it. That’s all I got.

There are so many characters in this and they have similar names. There are many places and they also have similar names. I have no idea how this plague started or even what kind it is. I’ve tried to work my way through this but at 42% I’m still so confused. I know that epic fantasy usually does this to me. It takes me a bit to get all the names down and where the story is headed. This is a “fault” that lies solely with me. However, it doesn’t usually take me this long to have the AHAH moment and it all coalesces into a huge vibrant picture and I gallop off into the proverbial sunset with the characters. Besides the reasons I’ve already listed, I think it’s because the scenes seem a bit disjointed. There’s not really a smooth transition from one character to the next and each scene is just them running around without any real meat to why they are doing so. I know that my fellow tour bloggers have enjoyed the book, so my review is in the minority. That’s not to say it’s not a great book for other readers. I just couldn’t get into it. Even though I DNF'd I'm giving it a 2 for the creativity.

The Author
Fantasy Author. Long Doggo Enthusiast. Snoot Booper. Shouter of Profanities. Drinker of Whiskey. These are all titles. I’m the Khaleesi nobody wanted and the one they certainly didn’t deserve, but here we are.

Write Reads On Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment