Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Pluck & Cover

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies
Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited
Zombie Cosmetologist Novellas, #1
5 March 2020
Paranormal | Mystery | Humor
126 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites

Waylon Jenkins is a make-up artist in Hollywood. He’s also a zombie but that’s not common knowledge. His secretary is a ghost named Betsy Ross who sews new parts back on his body when he loses one and the tenant in his gate house is a really really old doctor who made him into a zombie in the first place. When the local sheriff has some murder victims but no murderer he thinks it might be Waylon. Because, you know, Waylon is a zombie and the victims were missing some body parts. Anyway, the sheriff doesn’t believe Waylon’s declaration of innocence so he makes him help find the murderer to prove said innocence. So Waylon is now a consultant to the sheriff’s department. Sort of. In any case, Waylon actually does need a body part since his penis fell off in the shower, but that’s neither here nor there.

This is not a story to be taken seriously even though it’s a murder mystery. I love Waylon. He’s a fairly well-fleshed out character. Hehe See what I did there? *cough* Anyway, even though the plot is shaky and the villain hokey, this is still an enjoyable read and a great way to pass the time. I’m not usually a fan of zombie stories (they are way down my list of enjoyable paranormal characters), but Waylon is funny, has an unusual job that I’ve not yet seen in any story, and he’s really old, so I’m going to read the next installment in this new series by the new-to-me author and see where it takes me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds good and reminds me of White Trash Zombies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an afternoon of fun. I need to read White Trash Zombies.

      Delete