Tuesday, March 17, 2020

5 Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Book source ~ Tour
Maurice Barkley
20 February 2018
Mystery | Anthology
154 Pages


My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble

Within these pages are five stories told by Dr. Watson about his pal Sherlock Holmes. Five short stories about small jobs that Holmes (and he) have solved. The writing does a wonderful job of pulling me into not just each story but that particular time. I have not read all there is to read about Holmes and I haven’t seen more than a couple tv shows/movies, so I am no expert on the subject. All I know is I love this collection of tales detailing jobs of no big consequence to Holmes, but extremely important in the grand scheme of his work. No job too big or small as long as it piques his interest. These are right up his, and my, alley.

5 STORIES

The Holborn Toy Shop
The Legacy of Doctor Carus
The Train From Plymouth
The Whitehall Papers
The Grosvenor Square Furniture Van

4 comments:

  1. Do they have the flavor of the original Homes stories? I like the idea that they are small jobs as those can be just as interesting and help fill in the blanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe so. I'm no Sherlock expert, but they seem very original.

      Delete
  2. Great review. I wasn't familiar either but I still found the stories awesome _ @mzbrooklynjayreviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I'm putting the author on my favorites list. :)

      Delete