Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Druid Vices and a Vodka

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies

Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited
3 January 2020
Fantasy | UF | Humor
338 Pages

My Rating ~ 5 bites

Tori Dawson is a student, a bartender, and witch. Sort of. Okay, in name only, but if it keeps her employed at the Crow and Hammer then a witch she is. As long as no one finds out about the little white lie she can stay with her guild mage friends and continue with her non-boring life. Speaking of non-boring, when Tori gets word that her frenemy, Zak, AKA The Ghost (or the Crystal Druid depending on who you talk to) is in terrible danger, of course she has to rescue him. Because once Tori gives her friendship, she’s in it until the end. Even if her friend is an asshole most of the time.

Oh man, oh man. This one will gut you down to the bone. Don’t get me wrong, it still has humor and danger and all the things I love about this series, but the ending is…holy shit. The author has really cranked it up a notch and it shows. I have no idea where my favorite characters are going from here, but I can pretty much guarantee it’s not going to be pretty. Though I have no doubt there will be no loss of humor because even in the darkest of times, we still need levity. I’m eagerly awaiting the next book in both this series and the companion one, Demonized. I love this world so much.

2 comments:

  1. She lied about being a witch? Hmmm. Is the ending a cliff hanger, or just, "oh shit"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's a little complicated, but she has the Guild Master's support, so it's all good. lol It's just, Oh shit. Holy shit.

      Delete