Monday, August 5, 2019

Stockings and Spells

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies


Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library
28 November 2018
Paranormal | Cozy | Mystery
207 Pages

My Rating ~ 5 bites

Lucy Swift’s friends in the Vampire Knitting Club want to participate in the Oxford Holiday Market. They don’t need her to knit any products (thank goodness) or run the booth or do anything at all really. They just need her to sign up for the booth in her name and attend the market meetings. Because, well, they’re vampires. Lucy agrees (how could she deny her friends?) and the knitted items are a huge hit. The vampires can knit super fast, so once all of their stockpile has sold, they churn out more things to sell, especially the extra long and exquisite stockings that are going like hotcakes. When the nice woman in the booth across from theirs is attacked it’s up to Lucy and her amateur sleuthing vampires to figure out who could have done such a thing and make sure Gemma is safe in the hospital while she recovers. However, Lucy’s friend (and possible love interest?), Detective Inspector Ian Chisholm, may have some words about how Lucy is always right in the middle of all the action and not in a way that’s good for his blood pressure.

This series just tickles my fancy and I do believe each book is getting better than the last. The writing is tighter and the plot is more twisty. Lucy is getting better at running Cardinal Woolsey’s, her grandmother’s knitting shop, and she’s more comfortable around her vampire knitting club. She’s still dragging her feet about her magic abilities and that’s a little irksome, but understandable, considering the oops moments that have happened. There’s two possible romantic interests for her though both have their stumbling blocks and each book inches Lucy closer to having to make a decision. I’m in no hurry for her to though. Lucy makes a friend in this installment and I hope Gemma sticks around.

I just love everything about these books and I can’t wait to read the next one and see what kind of “trouble” Lucy gets into next.

4 comments:

  1. I started reading this series at Christmas and just gobbled it up. They are such fun and it's a neat concept. I do wish the romantic aspect would resolve but it's tolerable for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so fun! I'm ok with the slow romance aspect for now. I just started book 6 though, so I don't know how far it has progressed since the surprise at the end of book 5. lol

      Delete
  2. I really have to start this series. I know I'm going to have such fun with it. Thanks for sharing your review:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so light and easy to read. A really nice break from the dark books I've been reading lately.

      Delete