Saturday, May 18, 2019

Fate Forged

Book source ~ ARC. 
My review is voluntary and honest.
18 December 2018
Fantasy
363 Pages


My Rating ~ 4 bites

Maeve O’Neill has been having terrible nightmares lately. They seem so real and they’re beginning to interfere in her daily life, so she decides to find the place in her dreams and put them to rest once and for all. But what she does instead is turn her life upside down.  Nothing is what she thought, not even herself. Now she has to trust a stranger to help her before she ends up dead. She’s never been good at trusting, but dead seems so much worse, so trust it is.

The beginning of this story will draw you in and not let go. It’s a bit confusing at first as to who are the white hats and who are the black hats, but it plays out in a surprising way. Maeve is a bit too wimpy at times for me, but overall she doesn’t take much shit from anyone. I love the twist and turns her path takes, but the final conflict falls flat for me. I also have a hard time with the insta-love. I just don’t feel any build up for it. It’s just suddenly there. I love the world and the characters though. All-in-all this is a great tale about magic, discovering yourself, and standing against corruption.

No comments:

Post a Comment