Sunday, March 31, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 287th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 286th Edition
  • Monday ~ Kindle Review ~ The Vampire Knitting Club by Nancy Warren

Page Forward >>>

  • Tuesday ~ Tour ~ After the Green Withered by Kristin Ward
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Revamp by Beck Sherman
  • Saturday ~ Kindle Review ~ The Dragonward by Michael Meyerhofer (moved to 4/8)
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 288th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Drove mom back to Ohio Weds. Drive was nice and nearly as perfect as a long drive can be. Mostly sunny but not too hot and very little traffic. Yay! I stuck around until very early Sat morning before I flew home. Many thanks to my eldest spawn for spending the night at mom's with my furgrandbaby Tanker Toy (actual name Tank lol) and driving me to the airport at the asscrack of dawn, in the rain. 

Touching Nature: Been sorta Spring-y. It was nice for the drive from here to Ohio but then it was rainy, windy and chilly in OH Thurs, Fri and Sat morn when I flew out of there ahead of the predicted snow. 72º here at home, but rain is supposed to be moving in. As of the time of this drafting (Sat evening) nothing yet.

Book News: I was 9 books behind on my Goodreads Challenge but I finished a book on the plane from Ohio to Atlanta and started another which I then read on the plane from Altlanta to Greensboro and later finished when I got home. I now have 3 reviews to write which I hope to get at least 1 done before Monday.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Watched some Criminal Minds, Forged in Fire, and some sports. That's about it.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Make sure you have a longish layover in Atlanta airport cuz that fucker is huge. I saw way too many people running for their flights. Poor bastards.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Amother one of my suggested purchases comes in.



I forgot to shelve my birthday present.
Thanks, honey!



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.


10 comments:

  1. You had a busy week. Glad the drive went well and your son was able to drive you to the airport. Nice that he lives so close to his grandmother. I hope she is planning to come visit again.

    Pickles are zombies but they are delicious zombies!!!!

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading!
    PS you should have been writing on the plane not reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get her back here in the Fall. She has lots to do around the yard and house in the Summer. :)

      They are delicious, but what does that say about us? lolol

      I had nothing to write with. I took only a backpack with some clothes and my Kindle. But I'm going to start this month. I'll be chatting with you soon on noodling a cover. :D

      Delete
  2. Haha, that random. I’m glad the drive was good. It was snowing here earlier, but it’s stopped now. Hopefully spring will get here soon. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a bit of snow, but nothing to get too excited about. lol

      Delete
  3. It rained heavily while I was at my mums today but we have had none at home , though there is only about 100kms between us.

    Have a great reading week
    Shelleyrae @Book’d Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always so weird. What's weirder is if it's raining out front, but not on our back deck. I'm always like, wtf? lolol

      Delete
  4. Man, I am tired just from reading about your week..lol Glad Mom was safely returned. LOL on the reviews. I was all caught up yesterday but stayed up too late and now have another one to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tiring! It took me a couple days to recover. lol I did get the 1 review written I needed for Tues, but I still had 2 to write and now I have 2 more. Gah! lol

      Delete
  5. Sounds like your travel went well. I'm with you on the Atlanta airport It's a mess. Have a good reading week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! But there's a lot of Pokemon stops so I played while I waited for my flight. lol

      Delete