Sunday, March 24, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 286th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 285th Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Kindle ReviewVampire Dead-tective by Mac Flynn
  • Thursday ~ ReviewWarped Passage by Debbie S. TenBrink
  • Saturday ~ Kindle ReviewWicked for Hire by Lotta Smith

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Kindle Review ~ The Vampire Knitting Club by Nancy Warren
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 287th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: It's been both a busy week and not. Hubby has been on vacay all week. Yay! Monday was spent finding vases/jars for all the daffodils I picked and then vacuuming and washing all 5 vehicles currently in the driveway. Tuesday was my 51st birthday. We went to see Captain Marvel, had custard at Freddy's, had to pick up a few groceries, and then went to Texas Roadhouse for an early dinner courtesy of my awesome mom. Came home to presents and cake and watched the Hurricanes beat the Penguins. Weds was some errands, Thurs was just hanging out (and finding out that Anna was accepted into the Vet Tech program WOOT!), and Friday we had the grandkiddos for the day, so we took Artemis to doggie daycare. Yesterday I did my usual cleaning then we went to do some Pokémoning for Community Day. It's been a nice having mom around, but she caught a cold from Trip and I think the pollen down here is fucking her up, too. She's been coughing and blowing her nose. She'll probably be happy to get back to her less polleny home in Ohio. We scored some drugs for her on Saturday - of the OTC kind, not anything illegal. LOL I'm driving her back on Weds and then flying home very early Saturday morning. My eldest spawn (who is 33 and lives in OH) will take me to the airport. I feel a little bad for making him get up so early on a Saturday morning, but payback for all the early mornings when he was a baby/toddler is a bitch. lol Hubby has the better end this time and my flight should roll in around 11:30am. I hope.

Touching Nature: Been chilly at night and cool, but sunny (other than Thursday evening when it rained all night) during the day, but possibly warming up. On Monday I depleted the current stock of daffodils over at the neighbors old place. I noticed some more getting ready to bloom as well as some hyacinths. The iris plants are also greening up and should have blooms in a few weeks. I'm seriously going to dig a bunch of those up and relocate them to our place later this summer. I hope I'll be able to find them again.

Book News: I got nothing. No reading done - zip, zero, a big goose egg, but I do still have one review to write due for April 2nd. I hope to have that done before Wedsnesday.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Some Criminal Minds, Tar Heels basketball, and the  Carolina Hurricanes now that we have Sling TV.

At the Flicks: We saw Captain Marvel on Tuesday. We all enjoyed it. Next up is Avengers: Endgame. Can't wait for that!

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: Truth!
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Don't do things that make you miserable just to make someone else happy. Seriously. Don't.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.



6 comments:

  1. Hyacinths are my favorite flower, they smell amazing. If we ever move I want a plant so in the spring I can sleep under it and enjoy the smell. (not sure that's the exact plan but it sounds pretty good)

    Happy Birthday again! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with mom. I hope she will come back down again to visit. I do however miss her posts on FB in all caps, those are my favorite.

    I was slacking on blogging this week but I had a lot going on. I am hoping to get to somethings today! :)

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the beautiful flowers! Glad you enjoyed your visit--and I agree that you shouldn't feel bad about making your son drive. I'm sure he owes you (more than) one for all that driving you did when he was a kid. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahah I love your "payback" comment! I think one day I'll be there too ;-) In the meantime have a safe travel! Sophie @ebwareofthereader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Anna. It sounds like you had a wonderful week. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! And Congratulations to Anna on getting into her Vet Tech program. Sounds like a wonderful week :) Safe travels with your mom! Have a great week Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! It sounds like a great week with fun happenings and better weather. I like custard and Texas Roadhouse! Here's to a better reading week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete