Friday, November 16, 2018

Don't Even Think About It

Book source ~ NetGalley
11 March 2014
YA | Paranormal
317 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites

Back before I pretty much stopped reading YA I picked up this one for review. It’s about a group of high school sophomores who share home room and the day after they get their flu shot (voluntarily, only two don’t get it) they all develop telepathic abilities. They can hear everyone’s thoughts, but they can only speak telepathically to each other.

I’ll be honest. I didn’t start this book with high hopes. It’s about a bunch of high school sophomores. I really thought I was going to be bored out of my skull. But I was pleasantly surprised. There are parts that drag a bit, but it’s funny, smart, and insightful. An unusual situation pulls these kids together and, for the most part, it’s a pretty fun ride. There is some angst, but it’s the type that could be in any book with any age, so it’s not specific to 15-yr-olds. If you’re looking for a decently written funnish read then don’t be put off that this is YA. If I enjoyed it then so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment