Friday, September 7, 2018

The Last Padawan

*Book source ~ Library
Greg Weisman - Author
Pepe Larraz - Artist
Jacopo Camagni - Artist
3 November 2015
Graphic Novel | Sci-Fi | Media Tie-In
144 Pages

My rating ~ 4 bites

We know who Kanan Jarrus is in Star Wars: Rebels. This graphic novel takes us back to the day of the infamous Order 66 and Jedi Padawan Caleb Dume’s journey to becoming someone else in order to survive.
In this graphic novel: Kanan the Last Padawan, comics 1-6.

I love getting back story especially when it’s about a character I know very little about. When I started watching Rebels I never really thought about how Kanan got to where he is today, fighting the Empire any way he can with his small band of misfits on their ship Ghost. Even though this story is way too short (for my tastes) it does give a pretty thorough look at Kanan as a very young Padawan before finishing as Kanan, the adult returning to where it all started. The ending says: To be continued…so I hope there’s more out there.

Also, I really enjoyed the artwork. Two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment