Monday, August 6, 2018

Brewing Up Murder

*Book source ~ ARC.
My review is voluntary and honest.
Coffee Cup Mysteries, #1
19 July 2017
Cozy Mystery
205 Pages
My rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble

Blake Harper owns Mystery Cup, a coffee joint and tasty bakery in a little town in Missouri made famous by some murders committed eons ago. People come from far and wide to take in the murder-y atmosphere. However, when Blake’s crappy barista gets whacked in her cafĂ©’s kitchen Blake is not only justifiably upset, she’s determined to figure out who did it and why. It doesn’t matter that the investigation is headed by her own sister and she’s been told to back off more than once, Blake just cannot leave things alone. And we all know that never leads to good things, right?

What an excellent cozy mystery! I will say that Blake gets on my nerves just a tiny bit, with her snooping and such, but I actually do like her gumption and her humor. The mystery of “who” kept me guessing all the way to the end and I have to say I did not see that coming. I did, however, figure out the connection before Blake did, so I will pat myself on the back for that. Now that the murder is solved we need to get down to the nitty gritty here. How is Blake going to choose between the two men who have shown up in town, wanting to date her? Of course, I’m not asking her to rush to a decision and hope to see both men in future books. They each have their strengths, so I hope she dates them for awhile before she makes a decision. I know which Team I’m on, but I’m not sayin’. Yet. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment