Monday, November 27, 2017

Blood From a Silver Cross

*Book source ~ NetGalley
6 February 2014
Paranormal | UF
235 Pages

My Rating ~ 3 bites and a nibble

Kat Redding is a vampire who hunts supernatural creatures that get out of line. Known as Lady Death to the community, she’s actually tired of constantly cleaning up the messes of others. But with so many people laying claim to her, she’s stuck doing what they want, but hopefully not for much longer. When the local werewolves are attacked by the Left Hand, Kat tries to find the ones responsible and eliminate them. Will this be the one fight she loses?

I read books 1-3 a few years ago, so it took me a bit to pick up on what was going on. There really isn’t much back story of everything that’s happened to Kat, so it feels incomplete as to why she’s doing the things she’s doing and why she has the ties she does. And the Left Hand plot is disjointed. In fact, the whole plot of the book seems disjointed. I do still love the world and I like Kat (mostly), but the book just seems to be missing a lot that would make it awesome. I would definitely not just pick up this book and read it without reading the others and I hope book 5 is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment