Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Curse of Tenth Grave

*Book source ~ NetGalley
Author ~ Darynda Jones
Publisher ~ St. Martin's
Published ~ 28 June 2016
Genre ~ Paranormal | Mystery
Pages ~ 352

My Rating ~ 5 bites

Charley Davidson is a PI, grim reaper, wife and mom. She has a lot on her plate at the moment, but nothing as important as trapping three gods in the god glass pendant before they find her daughter. Still, it’s nothing she can’t handle. Right? Ummm…

Omg, I’m still loving this series. I was a tad worried at the end of the last book because it was starting to sound kinda jump-the-sharky, but I’m pleased that the direction it’s heading is still twisty and turny and full of Charleyesque humor, Reyes hotness and awesome characters. I also love how Charley is able to multitask even though she totally doesn’t seem like the kind of person who could focus on more than one thing at once. The overall arc of the series deepens, revealing some secrets and uncovering more, so that I’m satisfied and yet also left hungry for more. And that ending?! Holy.Shit. And Oh.My.

6 comments:

  1. Have you read them all? This is a series I am HIGHLY interested in because it seems just weird enough for me.
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read them all. It's definitely weird and full of humor as well as mysteries, hotness and an overall series arc. I love this series!

      Delete
  2. I am new to this series and LOVED books one and can't wait to continue on when I get a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New means, if you time it right, you can finish book 10 right as 11 comes out. LOL

      Delete
  3. I know! That ending! I had a tea event with Darynda (sat with her) about 2 weeks ago and I told her I had a major bone to pick with her about Ubi. Then she gave me the arc for book 11 saying that it's not the real book - lots of changes so I shouldn't read it. I totally did and that ending... Tenth grave has nothing on that ending...! And how long will I be waiting for 12?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I would read it knowing there would be lots of changes. Oh, hell. Who am I kidding? I totally would! LOL Um, I'd say you'll be waiting until 2018 for book 12. LOL

      Delete