Sunday, June 26, 2016

AVR Weekly News ~ 150th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 149th Edition
  • Monday ~ Kindle Review ~ The One That Got Away by Simon Wood
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Gladstone's School for World Conquerors by Mark Andrew Smith (graphic novel)
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Hellboy: Oddest Jobs by various authors, edited by Christopher Golden (graphic novel, sort of)

Page Forward >>>

  • Tuesday ~ Meme ~ Time Turner Tuesday
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Kindle Review
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ #BookishResolutions Progress Report ~ June 2016
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ NetGalley Review
  • Sunday ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 151st Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Hubby worked a shit ton of OT, so was rarely home last week. I worried that all those hours would be too stressful with his diabetes, but he has mostly relaxed Friday and Saturday (and will today), so all looks good. Kyle had 3 adult teeth pulled on Tues. to make room and help his braces pull everything together. They gave him a light sedation and while it was funny watching him come out of it, we were concerned that his heart rate was elevated for too long a time. The oral surgeon said it may just be a sensitivity to the medicine they used, but suggested we have his heart checked just to be on the safe side, so we're going Tues.

Thursday morning I took the kids shopping for a few clothing items and shoes and I had them help with the grocery shopping so hubby & I wouldn't need to get them Friday (I wanted  him to sleep in and relax). The boys found tennies, but Anna and I struck out. Friday I made them go out again and get haircuts and Anna & I scored tennies at Payless. So yay. It was in the 90s on Thursday and we had the van which has no A/C (broken) and the passenger window doesn't go down, so we got done as quick as was humanly possible. lol Friday we took the Accord which does have A/C. There will be no one happier on this Earth than me when we finally can get rid of the Montana.

Touching Nature: We had a couple of really nice days, 80s and low humidity and the mornings were really cool, like 50s I think. So I used one of those mornings (last Sunday to be exact) to mow. Glad I did because it got super hot and humid right after. *thud* Storms rolled through periodically Thurs and Fri, but no damage. I love thunder!

Book News: I had a two day spree that covered 1071 pages. Talk about a book hangover. Problem with that though is my adulting chores got behind and it brought my total of reviews needing written up to 11. Oops. I did manage to crank out 5 reviews yesterday only because the 4 I did for graphic novels are really short. lol I'm still hovering at 15 behind in the yearly Goodreads challenge. :D

Don't Touch That Dial!: Zip, zero, zilch. Hubby worked a lot of hours, so no Supernatural. And I rarely just sit and watch tv by myself, so no boob tube for me.

At the Flicks: Nada

Cyberspace Playground: Bupkis

Randomness: Or Random Cuteness :) Cutie Kyleigh and BB Boone

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: This is actually my husband's nugget of wisdom, so I'll share. Never put money (bills) in a pants pocket with anything else, like keys, ID, chapstick, whatever because when you go to pull an item out you could also pull out your money by accident and drop it on the ground without noticing it's gone until you need it. If you carry bills in a pocket be sure that is the only thing in that particular pocket and you reduce the risk of losing it. How many of us have found money on the ground especially in a parking lot? I know we have. I rest my case.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Amazon Purchases
Thank the Book Gods for gift cards.
The Buffy book is mine, the rest are Kyle's for enduring 
the oral surgeon with grace.




Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Measure twice, cut once.




10 comments:

  1. Your poor hubby and all that OT I am glad he got to rest a bit this weekend. Glad to see you got some reading done this week. I got more than I thought done but it's because most of it was listening while out in the garden or while blogging and cleaning...lol.

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very busy week! Glad your husband was able to get some rest. I hate winter but I'm not a fan of 90 degree weather either. I think it is supposed to cool down a little (upper 70s) this week where I live in NE Ohio. Hopefully you'll get a break from the heat too! Especially with a car that doesn't have A/C :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OT is good on the wallet but not good on the health. I hope he gets to rest of this weekend and doesn't have to much OT next week.
    I hope Kyle is ok! That is kind of scary, maybe it was just the meds. Ryan had a DNA test done that tells what meds will work on him and what meds wont. You might want to check with your doctor to see if you can do that with Kyle if it was the meds. That way you can give the results to the doctor before they do anything with him.

    I will add to your wisdom. If a man puts his wallet in his back pocket, put an elastic band around it. It makes it harder for some creep to take it out of the pocket and you will feel a tug.

    Love the pictures of those two cuties! Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading! ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a busy week. Hope the heart issue was just med related. Keep us posted. Yay to scoring on the shopping front. Loved your sneeze story on Facebook. Stay cool, we went 14 days without cutting the lawn, despite daily watering these 90 + degree days kept growth to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that your hubby had to work, but at least you had some time to read! Have a good week! Here’s my Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a busy week, I hope you manage to get some time to yourself!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a busy week and it's so hard to do errands in a car with no A/C. Your weather temps go up and down but hopefully it will be cool for you to enjoy. You got a lot of reading done and I know how it feels to be behind on reviews. I'm behind too and I don't know when I'll get caught up lol. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy week! I hope the news on Kyle's heart will be good. I got one review written, still have about a dozen to do. Eeep.

    Stay cool and I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had errands to run on Thursday. It was hot out! When I was in 7th grade, I was the student manager for the football teams. Every time we had an away game my mother gave me a little money to get something from the concession stand. EVERY TIME I'd lose it, no matter what clothing I was wearing. I think my pockets would ride up my leg and push out the bills. It sucked. I haven't been reading like I should, and I'm behind in reviews. I just don't feel like doing them. Glad you all enjoyed the weekend! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete