Saturday, April 23, 2016

Pendragon: The Merchant of Death

*Book source ~ Library
Series ~ Pendragon, #1
Author ~ D.J. MacHale
Illustrator ~ Carla Speen McNeil
Publisher ~ Simon & Schuster
Published ~ 20 May 2008
Genre ~ Graphic Novel | Fantasy | YA
Pages ~ 170


My Rating ~ 3 bites

From Goodreads:
Adapted and illustrated from book by D.J. MacHale. "Merchant of Death" is evil Traveler Mallos, who wants to destroy time-space universe "Hallas", and rebuild with himself in charge. In Denduron "Territory", he sells explosive clay-like "Tak" to peasant Milagos enslaved by fat rich Bedoowans. Bobby Pendragon 14, writes manuscripts for his friends Courtney and Mark back on Second Earth, transmitted by magic ring. Travelers via wormhole "Flume", Uncle Press, warriors calm Osa and her daughter fierce Loor, and puppyish knight Alder team up to save Denduron and all Hallas from Mallos, the Merchant of Death, and "Quigs" monsters, who both change appearances in different Territories.

I think this story doesn’t translate all too well from book to graphic novel. I didn’t really understand what the hell was going on. It was very confusing with the flumes and different worlds. Why Bobby? Who’s Press? What the fuck is going on?  But I did enjoy the artwork very much. I think I need to read the actual novel to get my answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment