Thursday, July 23, 2015

Angel After the Fall Vol 3

*Book source ~ Library
Title ~ Volume 3
Publisher ~ IDW Publishing
Published ~ 11 March 2009
Genre ~ Graphic Novel
Pages ~ 132


My Rating ~ 3 bites and a nibble

This volume picks up where Volume 1 left off with that nutbanger of a cliffhanger. I have to say I spent a good portion of this story in mass confusion. I couldn’t figure out what the hell was going on and it made me cranky. The confusion cloud clears somewhat by the end, but that end? What.The.Actual.Fuck? Did I read that right? Dun-dun-dunnnnn. This cliffhanger is so much worse than the one in Volume 1! Good thing I have Volume 4 to read.

There’s a lot going on in this tale and there are many characters vying for attention. Angel, Connor and Gunn get the majority, but there’s plenty of Spike and Wesley with a sprinkling of Lorne and the others. I would love to see more Groo, a character that I think was completely wasted in the show. He would have been a wonderful permanent addition to the team. I can see Spike messing with him big time. It would have been hilarious! One character I was not happy to see was Cordelia. Sorry, Cordy fans, but I hated her and was glad when she died. Period. So there’s that. The artwork is darker than the last volumes, but still gorgeous. Excellent work! Also, I give 5 bites to Betta George’s Diary toward the end (so very amusing!) and two thumbs up for the Q&A. Time to grab Volume 4 and get some damn answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment