Wednesday, January 28, 2015

20 Questions ~ Answered


Bea's Book Nook
The wonderful, amazing, talented and delightful Bea over at Bea's Book Nook tagged me with some questions to answer. 
I hereby tag:
 Berls at Fantasy is More Fun
 Michelle at Because Reading is better than real life
Stormi & Kathy at Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! 
They are, of course, not obligated in any way to answer the 20 questions.
There will not be a test, the sky won't fall and books will still be published.
*knocks on wood for that last one*


1. How tall are you?

5'2" I'm not short, I just forgot how to tall.

2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?


I can touch my elbow to my ear. Ok, I can't, but it might be cool to do. I can leap tall TBRs in a single bound. Ok, I can't do that either. I am a freaky whiz at the coin-operated basketball game though. My family gets a big kick out of watching the reactions of other people (i.e. guys) when I play and then how they step up when I'm done and expect to beat my score because I make it look easy. I think it's because I have some kind of weird spatial ability because I can look at furniture and see if it will fit somewhere without measuring (though I measure just to be safe) and I can pack a vehicle, suitcase, box, etc and make everything fit just by looking at the whole and picturing where it needs to go.


3. What is your biggest blog-related pet peeve?

So much shit on it that it loads at a glacial pace.

4. What is your biggest non-blog-related pet peeve?

I'm a curmudgeony hermit with many peeves. Let's make some margaritas and we'll discuss them. *takes all keys away since this will be a long session*

5. What is your favorite song?

Thanks to my kids I have "I MAED A GAM3 W1TH ZOMBIES 1N IT!!!1" stuck in my head and when I hear it I picture them exploding shit all over the place on the Xbox and wonder how they can follow what the hell is going on. lol


Otherwise, I'm really stuck on The Misty Mountains Cold from The Hobbit. My lady bits really like Thorin Oakenshield. Except there where he went a little nutsypoo, but otherwise *sighs*


6. What's your favorite Etsy shop?

I don't go to Etsy often enough to have a favorite.

7. What's your favorite way to spend your free time when you're alone?

Reading. And, um...reading! Oh! And talking to myself *and* answering because if I did that when anyone was home I might be getting a visit from the men in the white coats.

8. What's your favorite junk food?

Chocolate. But chocolate is good for you, so is it really junk food? I vote NO. So that makes my answer: potato chips.

9. Do you have pets?

3 dogs (Snowy, Vengeance, Taco), 3 cats (Captain Kirk, Sugarcube, Nox) and, hmmm... do our kids count?

10. What are you favorite fiction and non-fiction books?


This is the question that I always find nigh impossible to answer. I have SO many that I couldn't possibly name one fiction book. 

I rarely read non-fiction, but I really enjoyed Bull of Heaven by Michael G. Lloyd who is my brother, btw.

11. What's your favorite beauty product?

Lotion and Vaseline. I use lotion after every shower for smooth skin and Vaseline for my lips for, well, smooth lips. I know what you were thinking, you pervs. 

12. When were you last embarrassed?

I can't remember. Seriously. I can't even remember what I did yesterday, so if it was embarrassing then I wouldn't know.

13. If you could drink one beverage for the rest of your life what would it be?

Sweet iced tea or hot tea. Either one would work.

14. What's your favorite movie?


While there are many movies I enjoy and watch over and over, I must admit to having a special place in my heart for 

15. What were you in high school? Prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, etc?


Hmmm...I had a few friends, but I'd have to say loner. July between my Jr & Sr years I got married and had a premature baby (11 weeks early), so my life was very far removed from my classmates. I had a husband, baby and full-time job. I only needed 1.5 credits to graduate, so I only attended school the 1st 3 periods of the day (7:30-9:15) then went off to work before heading home to cook, clean, take care of a baby and do homework. I did graduate with my class though, so Go Me. :)


16. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?

Anywhere with high speed internet, moderate weather and few people.

17. PC or Mac?

PC

18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boyfriend/girlfriend?

My husband does many things, so I'm not sure what was the last one. He leaves Post-Its in my books that say "I Love You" all the time, does the chores I hate doing (I'm talking about you, Dusting!) and is always touching me. One thing he did that was totally unexpected was, he made me an ereader stand. I had no idea that's what he was doing outside. I thought he was just putzing around with his wood. No, not *that* kind of wood!

19. Favorite celeb?

I adore Robert Downey Jr right now. And I about fell out of my seat when I went searching for an image and found this. Oh...my...*drools*




20. Which blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?


Oh, wow. Now this is a tough one. There are so many I would love to hang out with on a regular basis, but I must confess to a certain hankering for special times with BA over at La Crimson Femme



I leave you with this picture of a dressed chicken because this is *not* what the cookbooks are talking about. Who knew?!


10 comments:

  1. Chocolate is definitely NOT junk food. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answers are so funny ! And I adore the Monty Python !!! And high speed internet, moderate weather and few people places. You have a cat named Cpt Kirk, I had a cat named Mr Spock ;) I must say your husband is adorable, you're a lucky woman. Thanks for making me smile :)
    Chocolate : not junk food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm happy I made you smile. Oh, and I agree about being a lucky woman. :) Yay! Another 'not junk food' vote. :D

      Delete
  3. Oh fun! Sweet Tea or Hot tea here too. Love the herd babe names :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea is awesome! :) Thanks! I had no say in any of the names except for Nox. If she had been a male we would have named him Spock. Same with Sugarcube, if she had been male his name would have been Bones. LOL

      Delete
  4. This was an awesome post, I cracked up reading it! And chocolate is not junk food, it's its own food group! :D I hope the bloggers you tagged do it, it'll be fun to read their answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks for tagging me. It was fairly painless and actually fun. Hence the reason you see it. LOL I hope they do, too. :) *marks down another vote for chocolate*

      Delete
  5. Hi! I'm back. I've been away a while due to a death in the family. :( I've been all over the place as I've been distracted by it. Thanks for the mention! Now I need to post mine. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that, BA. :( My condolences. Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions. And hanging out with you would be total awesomesauce. ;)

      Delete