Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Sunday Post ~ 73rd Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
~ Recap the past week ~ Show what's upcoming ~ Share news ~ Display book hauls ~

Flip Back


Page Forward

  • Thursday ~ Happy New Year!
  • Sunday ~ The Sunday Post ~ 74th Edition

AVR News Update
Hello and Happy Sunday!

This is the last Sunday Post of 2014. The year has flown the coop and 2015 is ready to take possession of the premises.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas with time to kick back and relax. I've been on the go pretty much since Monday. I did relax a bit on Christmas, but other than that I'm ready to...die. *thud* I don't know how people do this all the time. Go, go, go and I've barely been in my jammies for the last 7 days! Well, except for Christmas Day. And I have today and Monday to get thru before I think it'll settle down again. The reason for all the to-ing and fro-ing is we have a teenager joining our household. My daughter's best friend turned 18 yesterday and has aged out of foster care. She *could* stay with her foster mom until she graduates high school and even into college, but she has opted to move in with us permanently when her semester ends in January and she can transfer to the local high school. So much paperwork an 18 yr old needs (checking acc't, cell phone, state ID, SS card, etc), not to mention we are rearranging rooms so she can have her own AND her 18th birthday to celebrate. This on top of all the Christmas hoopla. See why I'm dying here? This is more activity in one week than I've managed all year! LOL But she's worth it. She's a great kid. *cough* Oh, um, I mean young lady. She *is* 18 after all. :) Want to see her cake? She loved it. :D 

In other news...I got nothing. I'll be finishing the rooms today, maybe watching some football, snarfing down more Christmas cookies and probably nothing else. Monday will be spent trying to gather the rest of her paperwork and pick up her cell phone (it wasn't in stock when we added her to our plan.) After that, I think we can all relax for the rest of the week.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
Shelf Additions
From the library



Free from All Romance



For Christmas from my hubby
(hardcover)


Bought with Christmas gift card (thanks, Mom & Dad!)
I need to go thru my wish list and see what else I can buy with it.



Amazon Freebies
I've not had much time to grab freebies. 
That is probably a good thing.


16 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you are taking her in! She is very lucky to have such a wonderful family like you all. <3 oxoxo

    You really did have a busy week and I know what you mean about going and going once friday was over, on Saturday I slept till 10 I never sleep till 10. Think it all caught up to me. One more holiday to celebrate before everything goes back to normal.

    Have a Wonderful New year Carol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're lucky to have her. :)

      I haven't slept in yet this break. lol I can Weds and Thurs though. Yay! Well, assuming my bladder lets me. It tends to make me get up by 7. lol

      Delete
  2. That is wonderful you are taking her in! <3

    I had an unhealthy amount of Christmas cookies but now that I'm home again, I have none. :(

    Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy having her around. :)

      I have tons left here even with all the kids around. Come on over. lol

      Delete
  3. Aw you just put little tears in my eyes - what a great Christmas & birthday gift to have a home to go to after a life in foster care! I could just hug you :)

    I hope you get to have a relaxing week after you get the last few things checked off - I'm just now starting to do some blog catching up and boy am I behind!! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope she'll be happy with us. We've known her for years, so I think she'll be ok here. :)

      If I can get everything done today I will be a happy camper. LOL

      Delete
  4. How fabulous of you all to open your hearts to your daughter's friend. She is VERY lucky - and I am sure you will all gain from the experience. I am in awe.
    my post: http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/2014/12/sunday-post-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're happy she doesn't think we're too goofy to live with. :D

      Delete
  5. That cake is awesome! Happy New Year!!

    Stormi
    Week In Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cake! I really want to read The Martian.
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out pretty good and it's delish! Mmmmm! I'm looking forward to The Martian. I hope it's good.

      Delete
  7. That's so great that you're taking her in and it's always nice when our kids have friends that we actually like! I"m glad to know I'm not the only one who is exhausted! I need some PJ days stat! Have a great week and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a great attitude and it's not hard to like her. :) I'm finally back in my jammies and I think i can stay in them all day tomorrow. I'm pretty sure we don't have anything on tap. Whew! :D Thank you!

      Delete