Friday, August 8, 2014

Slave World 2

Mature ~ 18+
Series ~ Slave World, #2
Author ~ Johnny Stone
Publisher ~ Pink Flamingo
Published ~ 7 February 2014
Genre ~ Erotica | Sci-Fi |BDSM
Pages ~ 286

My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble

Margo Winters and Nathan Burke have settled into a fairly happy for now life on Slave World. They killed the bad guy, freed the slaves and Nathan’s sister, Donna, seems to be on the mend. However, Margo wants her old ship back when she gets word of where it will be. She wants them to go and snatch it back from the men who stole it from her and sold her into slavery. Nathan needs persuading, but finally gives in. Little do they know a relatively simple albeit hairy and dangerous ship retrieval will affect their lives in a seriously huge way. They have no idea what’s coming and how it will change them, but they’re about to find out.

Ho-ly Shit! I spent the majority of this book with my mouth hanging open. The imagination and creativeness blew me away and the writing carried me along in a flurry of page turning to see what would happen next. The only thing preventing me from finishing this book in one sitting was Life. Gotta hate when you have to be a responsible adult. Dammit.

I love, love, love Nathan. I would claim him for my own if I could. Margo is becoming a serious nut bunny though. Whew! And the pony DNA? I gotta say the whole pony mutation is what dropped my rating from a 5 to a 4.5. The extreme BDSM that Margo is subjected to is way beyond my comfort zone, too, but the whole book is well-written although it does have some minor editing issues. There are light moments in this book, but readers beware…it is also dark. It’s not in any way, shape or form a light fluffy erotic read. Hot, yes. Sugary, no.

Wroth and Snake? I.Love.Them. I absolutely want to see more of them as well as the new world Eden and I definitely want to know what the hell is going down on Slave World. Donna is one fascinating character, too and I’m very much looking forward to seeing her in action. Donovan and Ashley scare me. They need to die. 

Be warned that there is a cliffhanger in this book. There’s no way to get all the story lines tied up by the end which I realized at 94%. Yes, I was so into reading that I didn’t know I was so close to the end with no way to ties things up until I happened to look in the corner of Stargate (my Paperwhite). Noooooo! Ah, well. Sometimes that’s the way things need to be. I’m looking forward to book 3 and hope the wait won’t be too long. *taps foot*

No comments:

Post a Comment