Sunday, May 26, 2013

Locked

Title ~ Locked
Series ~ The Alpha Group, #1
Author ~ Maya Cross
Publisher ~ Maya Cross
Published ~ 25 March 2013
Genre ~ Erotica/Short

My Rating ~ 2 bites and a nibble out of 5

Attorney Sophia Pearce is out with her friends bar hopping when they end up in a dive bar. While there an intriguing thing happens. Well-dressed people enter the bar, walk up to a previously unnoticed door now guarded with a large sentry and disappear through it. Sophia and her friends are curious, but it’s Sophia who decides to try for entry. When she manages to get through the door, what and who she finds behind it are not what she is expecting.

This short story is well-written, the characters are interesting and the steamy scenes are definitely hot. However, it just wasn’t a read for me. I’m discovering that I don’t like reading about submissives, most likely because I am not submissive in any way. I have no problem with someone who is a submissive or who is discovering that they are submissive, it’s just that reading a story told solely from the sub’s POV doesn’t float my boat. In addition, the abrupt end to the story was jarring. I understand that this is the first in a trilogy, but the ending could have been more smoothly done. On a positive note, I am highly curious as to what Sebastian actually does. A mystery man is so appealing!

I recommend this to subs or those who like stories told from the sub’s POV.


*Book source ~ Purchased on Amazon for a Goodreads group read.



No comments:

Post a Comment