Thursday, May 9, 2013

Club Monstrosity

Title ~ Club Monstrosity
Series ~ Monstrosity, #1
Author ~ Jesse Petersen
Publisher ~ Pocket Star
Published ~ 29 April 2013
Genre ~ Paranormal/Mystery/Humor

My Rating ~ 4 bites out of 5


The members of Monstofelldosis Anonymous meet in a church basement twice a week and discuss things like when was the last time they were outed, problems they are having and anything else that comes to mind. When Ellis the Invisible Man not only turns up dead, but has been killed according to His Story (by H.G. Wells), the others begin to get uneasy. Is there someone in New York City going around killing monsters? They need to get to the truth quick before more members die because no one wants to go out like they did in their Story.

This is an interesting, creative, humorous take on monsters. Well-written with well-developed characters this is a mystery that had me turning the pages as fast as I could read them. I’m happy to see there will be another story involving the monsters from Monstofelldosis Anonymous. I look forward to reading it!

*Book source ~ Many thanks to Pocket Star Books and NetGalley for providing me with a review copy. Please see disclaimer page.



2 comments:

  1. This does sound interesting and I like that its from the monsters perspective! Delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely interesting, Kim. And humorous. I mean, Frankenstein's monster is a woman and she works in the NYC morgue. LOL I enjoyed it! :)

      Delete