Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet

Title ~ Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet
Series ~ Charley Davidson, #4
Author ~ Darynda Jones
Publisher ~ St. Martin's Press
Published ~ 30 October 2012
Genre ~ Paranormal/Mystery/Romance/UF

My Rating ~ 5 bites out of 5


Charley Davidson is a private investigator trying to scrape out a living. Oh, and there’s also the little matter of her being the Grim Reaper. Though she doesn’t like being called that. Before cases, during cases and after cases she helps people cross over. You know, because she has that whole portal-to-Heaven thing going on.

Charley was tortured in the last book and this book starts out with her holed up in her apartment on the couch wearing jammies and working a serious Buy From Home Channel therapy/addiction problem while she skillfully avoids dealing with the aftermath of the torture. But holing up in her apartment means she’s not taking any jobs. Not solving cases. Not bringing in cash. Until Cookie, her friend and assistant, decides enough is enough and starts returning the mountain of purchases and pushing Charley to accept some jobs. When she works up the nerve to leave the apartment a job falls in her lap. After that, we’re off and running.

Once again I tear through a book as I try to keep up with Charley while she solves a case, wanders off track, deals with Reyes the hunky son of Satan and solves a string of bank robberies. Well-written with a fast plot, plenty of humor, awesome characters and steamy sexual heat. I hate it when I read so fast that I’m done before I realize it. Nooooooo!!! More! I.Want.More!

Where did I get this book? ~ From the library hold shelf where, after having it checked out, I grabbed it up and whispered loudly, 'Mine! All mine!' Followed by a softer whisper, 'At least until it's due.' Then I hurried out before I could be shushed.

Audiobook Excerpt

No comments:

Post a Comment