Friday, August 17, 2012

A Stroke of Dumb Luck

A Stroke of Dumb Luck
   (I'm unsure of the series name, #.5)
   ~Shiloh Walker
Publisher ~ Tor Books
Published ~ 1 February 2011

My Rating ~ 4 out of 5


Kit Colbana belongs to an ancient line of warriors, but she’s not a pure-blood. When a mother calls Kit to find her missing daughter she agrees to go searching the lair of the wererats for her. Unfortunately, her mission goes sideways. Fortunately, one of the many messages she left for the supernatural community leaders was received and acted upon. Otherwise, Kit might have been a tasty meal for the wererats.

I loved this short story. The writing was smooth and the plot flowed easily. The two main characters have caught my interest and this story whetted my appetite for more. This is apparently a prequel for Blade Song by J.C. Daniels which is a pen name for Shiloh Walker. I’ll be picking up Blade Song (published 1 August 2012) as soon as possible.

*I read this short story in July when it was offered free to all and sundry on Shiloh Walker’s blog.


3 comments:

  1. Came in through Making Connections group on Goodreads! Following you via GFC & Linky!

    Would really appreciate it if you would drop by my blog at: http://b00kr3vi3ws.blogspot.in

    DDS @ b00kr3vi3ws

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh wererats?? This sounds interesting and I love that the tale flowed smoothly. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, kimba! i'm looking forward to more in this series.

    ReplyDelete