Thursday, July 26, 2012

From Fame to Shame

From Fame to Shame
   ~ Veronica Blade
Publisher ~ Crush Publishing
Published ~ 16 March 2012

My Rating ~ 4 out of 5


Jackie Bloom, famous star, needs to get out of the limelight to pull herself back from the Nervous Breakdown Abyss, so she enlists the help of her identical twin, Maddie. Maddie is the opposite of her twin. She likes a quiet life with books and photography, but she loves her twin, so agrees to the switch for a few days, possibly a week while her sister goes back to their parents to live as Maddie with only their parents and Jackie’s assistant Stella privy to the switch. Maddie only needs to make a few appearances as Jackie and lay low in Jackie’s apartment the rest of the time. What could possible go wrong?

An enjoyable short story with interesting characters. Maddie has a mad crush on Jackie’s neighbor, Dallas Bines, who also happens to be an ex-boyfriend of her sister. Jackie says he dumped her, but now he seems to be taking an inordinate interest in Jackie(Maddie) and Maddie just can’t resist him even though she’s supposed to be laying low.

This is a first read of Veronica Blade for me. I need to see what else she has out there.

*The publisher provided a copy of this story to me for review. Please see disclaimer page.

2 comments:

  1. "Nervous Breakdown Abyss" Nice. Great review! Great book :)

    I've read other books by Veronica Blade and they are all just as cute. My favorite has to be Something Witchy This Way Comes. Its more detailed than the others and has the POV of both sides of the romance. And its sci-fi, always a plus for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meg! I'm looking forward to reading more of her books. Plus, I love different POVs and sci-fi. :)

    ReplyDelete