Saturday, January 28, 2012

Review for Angel of Darkness

Angel of Darkness (The Fallen, #1) ~
     Cynthia Eden
Publisher ~ Brava
Published ~ 29 November 2011

My Rating ~ 4 out of 5

Nicole St. James is a schoolteacher on The List and it’s not a good list. She’s supposed to die one night in a filthy alley when she is attacked by a vampire. Keenan is an Angel of Death who was supposed to touch her and take her from the mortal realm. Instead, while Nicole is fighting to stay alive, he hesitates then touches the vampire, killing him instead of Nicole. Uh, oh…Keenan has broken the rules and must be punished. His sentence is to be a Fallen while Nicole ends up a vampire. Then it gets really interesting.

I have read many books by Cynthia Eden and have yet to be disappointed. Angel of Darkness is not an exception. I loved this story set in the same world as the Night Watch series. If you haven’t read the Night Watch series, don’t worry. They do not make an appearance and are only briefly mentioned, so if you’re anal, *cough* I mean orderly, like me when it comes to reading a series in order, you  won’t be lost or annoyed if you like to read a series, even other interconnected series, in order. In other words, if you’re like me, you’ll be fine because this book stands alone as the first in a new series.

There is plenty of action from beginning to end interspersed with humor and a buffet of yummy hot sexiness. Smooth-flowing, no plot holes, excellent dialogue and action scenes and I did mention the yummy hot sexiness, right?

I’m really looking forward to the next book Angel Betrayed due out July 1st, 2012.

*The publisher provided a copy of this book to me for review. Please see disclaimer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment