Sunday, December 11, 2011

National Security Review

National Security ~ Marc Cameron
Publisher ~ Pinnacle Fiction
Published ~ 1 November 2011

My Rating ~ 5 out of 5

The title of this book sums up the story. National Security is not just about securing our nation against terrorism, but against bioterrorism. Our nation is a large one and it takes a lot of people doing a lot of different jobs and using a lot of different tools to keep us safe. However, sometimes the majority of that safety comes from one person doing an extraordinary job. Jericho Quinn is that man in this story. Air Force veteran. Fluent in several languages. Expert fighter. Cool and fast-thinking in a crisis. He’s not just a man fighting terrorism. He’s an extraordinary man who is the President’s ordinary tool. He’s The Hammer.

I loved, loved, loved this book. It caught my attention from page 1 and held me captive until the end. The story is tight and smooth-flowing. The characters are complex and jump off the page. The action is fast-paced. I had to force myself not to peek ahead to see what happens, a failing of mine when I’m enthralled with a book. I judge how good a book is by how badly my need to peek is and this one was off the charts. However, I did resist. For the most part. *sheepish grin*

If you like stories that have a race-against-time theme and have a good deal of excellent general info on how our military operates (I do since my husband and son were both Marines) then I highly recommend this book. Heck, I highly recommend it anyway. Read it now or drop and give me 20!

*The publisher provided a copy of this book to me. Please see disclaimer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment